Contribute
Register

"ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Not Found)"

5th page in, then you mention this?

and yes, windows will see the second screen straight away

sometimes plugging in the screen after booting works, sometimes having the screen plugged in and then turning on laptop works, situations vary from laptop to laptop

and yes, other times it is a case of setting up screens after installing macOS, hence the phrase post install

you will need to look into the framebuffers:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/
I don't mean that i don't want to install them at all, i don't want (and cannot) right now, because the post install stuff can only be downloaded and work when macos is installed not before. I am still on the recovery environment and i am trying to install macos but i cannot select the second partition of my ssd as the place where macos will be installed. I only get the option for my usb. Also the partition is recognised by the disk utility inside the recovery environment

I don't mean that i don't want to install them at all, i don't want (and cannot) right now, because the post install stuff can only be downloaded and work when macos is installed not before. I am still on the recovery environment and i am trying to install macos but i cannot select the second partition of my ssd as the place where macos will be installed. I only get the option for my usb. Also the partition is recognised by the disk utility inside the recovery environment
post a pic

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 3
you need to go into diskutility and erase the entire drive you want to install macOS on to
not only the partition i want to downoad macos to?

my usb is formated to FAT32 and the ssd partition to NTFS, should I format the partition to FAT32 for it to be recognised?

i used disk utility to format the drive to macos something(couldn't see anything,because the screen is broken) and the drive showed on the installer, but it says it doesnt have enough free space, so i will make the partition bigger on windows and i will try again

not only the partition i want to downoad macos to?
no, the entire the drive
my usb is formated to FAT32 and the ssd partition to NTFS, should I format the partition to FAT32 for it to be recognised?
no, APFS
i used disk utility to format the drive to macos something(couldn't see anything,because the screen is broken) and the drive showed on the installer, but it says it doesnt have enough free space, so i will make the partition bigger on windows and i will try again
no need, erase the entire drive in DiskUtility

no need, erase the entire drive in DiskUtility
I did it and i installed macos but on the first boot i got stuck on the apple logo saying less than a minute remaining for almost half an hour,why is it happening ?

I did it and i installed macos but on the first boot i got stuck on the apple logo saying less than a minute remaining for almost half an hour,why is it happening?
There was actually no problem , i found that it is one of many problems with Monterey. Also where in the post-install should i look to find a way to connect a second monitor? I searched the entire guide but i couldn't find something about it

Back