Contribute
Register

ASRock Z690 Steel Legend + 13900KF / 12900K + 6600XT

Excellent thread!

I'm looking into creating a similar build. If I chose though the ASRock Socket 1700 Z690 Steel Legend/D5 (the DDR5 variant without wifi) could I use the same EFI configuration (excluding of course the wifi related drivers)? Or would you recommend going for the Wifi card and simply not using the Wifi module (which is in any case incompatible with Ventura)?

Also regarding the memory you used, would Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 Non ECC CL18 3600MHz (CMW32GX4M2D3600C18) work? I'm asking because on the Gigabyte Z690 thread you point it is mentioned that Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 -- CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 fails to work when XMP is enabled. Do you remember which Corsair memory you used?

Another thought would be G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 Non ECC CL16 3600MHz (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC), thought the manufacturer states it is optimized for AMDs.

Thank you in advance!

CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 is working fine here on a Z690 Steel Legend with XMP Profile 1 enabled. Perhaps something to do with that specific gigabyte motherboard?

I received my BCM94360NG M.2 card yesterday but am having some strange issues getting it working properly in Ventura. Would anyone have any words of wisdom about where to head from here?

- Windows 10 Wifi works
- MacOS 13.2 Wifi works.
- Bluetooth wasn't working in either until I reseated the m.2 card.

Now it works in Win10, showing a "generic microsoft bluetooth device" under device manager.

Bluetooth isn't working in MacOS 13.2.

Cleaning out and refreshing my USBport mapping shows that the m.2 card is being recognised on port HS14.

System info on the other hand is showing the bluetooth controller to have Address: Null and State: Off, and bluetooth won't turn on in system preferences.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Previous to installing the m.2 card, I had a Fenvi PCIe wifi/BT card connected via USB to HS09 and it all worked out of the box.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.02.06 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.02.06 pm.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.06.55 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.06.55 pm.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 21
I received my BCM94360NG M.2 card yesterday but am having some strange issues getting it working properly in Ventura. Would anyone have any words of wisdom about where to head from here?

- Windows 10 Wifi works
- MacOS 13.2 Wifi works.
- Bluetooth wasn't working in either until I reseated the m.2 card.

Now it works in Win10, showing a "generic microsoft bluetooth device" under device manager.

Bluetooth isn't working in MacOS 13.2.

Cleaning out and refreshing my USBport mapping shows that the m.2 card is being recognised on port HS14.

System info on the other hand is showing the bluetooth controller to have Address: Null and State: Off, and bluetooth won't turn on in system preferences.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Previous to installing the m.2 card, I had a Fenvi PCIe wifi/BT card connected via USB to HS09 and it all worked out of the box.
Which Kext's are you using?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 1.04.20 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 1.04.20 pm.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 22
I initially had that thought, but the idiots guide to Lilu and its plugins suggests that AirportBrcmFixup only solves issues with wifi.

"Note 2: AirportBrcmFixup only deals with the Airport/WiFi side of a combo card it does nothing to enable/support Bluetooth"

This was actually more helpful than one could ever imagine! AirportBrcmFixup doesn't fix Bluetooth issues, but it did lead me to BlueToolFixUp. Including it in my kexts sorted it out. Apparently there are some USB related bluetooth issues with MacOS 12+. My USB mapping must differ enough from the OP's to make it an issue.

It is part of BrcmPatchRAM if anyone is looking for it.

Praise the day I can use one bluetooth keyboard and mouse across both Win10 and MacOS installs!

This was actually more helpful than one could ever imagine! AirportBrcmFixup doesn't fix Bluetooth issues, but it did lead me to BlueToolFixUp. Including it in my kexts sorted it out. Apparently there are some USB related bluetooth issues with MacOS 12+. My USB mapping must differ enough from the OP's to make it an issue.

It is part of BrcmPatchRAM if anyone is looking for it.

Praise the day I can use one bluetooth keyboard and mouse across both Win10 and MacOS installs!
That's the second option to try. Elementary, My Dear Watson!

Happy to help. I was having issues with M2. card, when I came from sleep the processor spikes in load, finally I had to change to Fenvi to have an stable system with bluetooth.

I am thinking of building a new hack based on the ASRock Z690 steel legend, with a i7 13700k as CPU, running Monterey.
I would like to hear from others using this board, positive and negative comments welcome.

Back