Contribute
Register

ASRock Z690 Steel Legend + 13900KF / 12900K + 6600XT

hello . someone test on i9 13900k 13th? . it can working ?

Hey thanks for your post! I built a similar rig and the install of Ventura worked well the first time! I only see a processor identification issue at this point. I went with the non-wifi motherboard since i had an add-in card already. Wifi/bluetooth works with add in card (airdrop as well). I updated the usbkext to disable HS14 and added in HS10 where I plugged in the Usb connector.

Specs:
OC 0.9.1
Mac Ventura 13.3
ASRock Z690 Steel Legend (non-wifi version)
i5-12600KF
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX6600
64 gb Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3200 (16gb x 4)
2x WD SN770 M.2 (M2_1 & M2_3)

Still validating and running post install, and most things are working (audio, wifi, bluetooth).

CPU issue: System is reporting the CPU as 16-core Intel Xeon W. @bootmacos Was there a specific setting I missed on the conflg plist setup? Attached my efi folder for reference.

Code:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name:    iMac Pro
  Model Identifier:    iMacPro1,1
  Processor Name:    16-Core Intel Xeon W
  Processor Speed:    3.68 GHz
  Number of Processors:    1
  Total Number of Cores:    6
  L2 Cache:    10 MB
  L3 Cache:    20 MB
  Hyper-Threading Technology:    Enabled
  Memory:    64 GB
  System Firmware Version:    1968.100.17.0.0
  OS Loader Version:    577~129

Thanks again for the build reference and any help you can offer.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Model Name: iMac Pro
Model Identifier: iMacPro1,1
Processor Name: 16-Core Intel Xeon W
Processor Speed: 3.68 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache: 10 MB
L3 Cache: 20 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 64 GB
System Firmware Version: 1968.100.17.0.0
OS Loader Version: 577~129[/CODE]

Thanks again for the build reference and any help you can offer.
Mine says 24-core Intel Xeon W. I don't care, it's just eye candy.

Thats a good point. 16-core is correct for my processor (6 p + 4 e + 6 HT). Maybe its not an issue at all. Thanks!

Hello guys, can you post a link to this latest EFI. I have a similar motherboard (Z690 Phantom Gaming 4), and i have some issues with my hack. I can't find a link in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello guys, can you post a link to this latest EFI. I have a similar motherboard (Z690 Phantom Gaming 4), and i have some issues with my hack. I can't find a link in this thread. Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I had accidentally deleted EFI files attached to the post #1. Now it is attached.

Sorry, I had accidentally deleted EFI files attached to the post #1. Now it is attached.
Thank you man, i'm appreciate your work. I will try to make my own loader based on yours.

Hi @bootmacos

This is a fine build, thank you for sharing your experience. May I ask you a few questions? Specific situations which I might face if I purchase this board:
  • If you reboot your system with an external disk connected to the Type-C back panel port, is it still mounted once your system boots to Ventura desktop? What about the front panel Type-C port?
  • Did you notice any odd behaviour when connecting an external disk to the Type-C ports? Does it connect straight away or it ejects briefly and then reconnected?
  • Is your system able to sleep with Type-C ports (back, front) populated of external disks?
  • If yes, did you encounter any macOS message once you wake your computer, such has the disk got ejected during scheduled macOS awakening?
Maybe you had a chance to test these situations…

Thanks

Hi @bootmacos

This is a fine build, thank you for sharing your experience. May I ask you a few questions? Specific situations which I might face if I purchase this board:
  • If you reboot your system with an external disk connected to the Type-C back panel port, is it still mounted once your system boots to Ventura desktop? What about the front panel Type-C port?
  • Did you notice any odd behaviour when connecting an external disk to the Type-C ports? Does it connect straight away or it ejects briefly and then reconnected?
  • Is your system able to sleep with Type-C ports (back, front) populated of external disks?
  • If yes, did you encounter any macOS message once you wake your computer, such has the disk got ejected during scheduled macOS awakening?
Maybe you had a chance to test these situations…

Thanks

I have tested with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD attaching to the back panel Type-C. It seems to be re-mounted after a sleep period and "Do Not Ejected properly" message appears at top-right corner of desktop. Although same happened by connecting the SATA SSD to a back panel Type-A, no warning was shown with a USB thumb memory connecting to the same Type-A port.

Back