Contribute
Register

ASRock Z690 Steel Legend + 13900KF / 12900K + 6600XT

will this work with Asrock B660 Steel Legend, i3-12100, RX570
Possibly… At least you can take it as a starting point, remove boot-arg "agdpmod=pikera" which is for Navi cards but not your Polaris GPU and try. You'll certainly need to make your own USB map.

For hackintosh which is a better board - Asrock B660 Steel Legend OR TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS D4 combined with i3 12100 and RX570

Both are probably suitable; for "best", you'd have to find user reports and/or user builds.
If you're ready to tinker, you may pick either, and adapt the EFI for another board—open your own support thread if needed.
If you want to take a complete EFI and do no more than filling in your own serial numbers, you're strictly limited to published user builds/golden builds—and may have to stretch your budget.

In my case, I only needed to set SetupVirtualMap to TRUE, and not need to set DevirtualiseMmio to FALSE, and it boots fine.

Thanks, HeyItsMeYaBoyyyy and bikinifarm!

I also have tried the update (8.01) and confirmed your information.
SetupVirtualMap - Set to TRUE was mandatory.
As for DevirtualiseMmio - Set to FALSE, it was not necessary as bikinifarm told.
However, considering the default (recommended?) value in the sample.plist, I will use
DevirtualiseMmio - Set to FALSE
SetupVirtualMap - Set to TRUE
settings in my config.plist, and going to update the post #1.

(Edit: updated the EFI attached to #1. Now it works with BIOS ver. 8.01.)

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to get the boot chime working? ALCID=12 isn't cutting it. I have it working in all of my other hacks but this.

Has anyone managed to get the boot chime working? ALCID=12 isn't cutting it. I have it working in all of my other hacks but this.
Never mind. Solved. Audio section under UEFI needs corrections, PciRoot address is incorrect, plus other corrections:

Code:
            <key>Audio</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AudioCodec</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>AudioDevice</key>
                <string>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</string>
                <key>AudioOutMask</key>
                <integer>-1</integer>
                <key>AudioSupport</key>
                <true/>
                <key>DisconnectHda</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MaximumGain</key>
                <integer>-15</integer>
                <key>MinimumAssistGain</key>
                <integer>-30</integer>
                <key>MinimumAudibleGain</key>
                <integer>-128</integer>
                <key>PlayChime</key>
                <string>Enabled</string>
                <key>ResetTrafficClass</key>
                <false/>
                <key>SetupDelay</key>
                <integer>500000</integer>
            </dict>

Never mind. Solved.
Thank you for the information. I have also confirmed the startup chime and updated the config.plist attached to the post #1.

macOS Ventura 13 Public Beta worked fine by just replacing OC and kexts with nightly builds.

I did. I replaced my Nvidia GPU with a "Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT SE." I cannot seem to get this EFI to work either. I am using GibMacOS method to make my recovery or install USB drive and i cannot get the install media to show up in open core although the partition does exist. Could it be that it is a different Version of MacOS than the one intended for this EFI folder? I have my bios set up right and the correct boot-args. What could be keeping my from booting?
Which version of macOS are you trying? I have tested and found that the EFI boots Monterey USB installer. Is your USB memory bootable on an actual Mac?

Last edited:
I am trying to boot a Monterey recovery USB installer. I am not sure if it will boot an actual macOS as I do not have an actual mac to test it on. Could be be that my processor is i5-12600K or possibly that I have 16GB Corsair RAM with two dummy Corsair RAM sticks just for RGB. Also could it be that my Rx 6900 XT is a Sapphire Nitro Special Edition? I read some where that it makes a difference. I do not know if any of that affects the wake issues. I'm getting the same error every single time starting with "GV wake failure."

Also my motherboard is the ASRock Z690 Steel Legend WIFI 6e variant. Could it be WiFi that's keeping it from booting up?

Other than those differences I listed above, my build is just about exactly the same as yours. So what could I do to make sure I can boot successfully? Which method of creating a USB installer do you use. Are you installing via recovery or using a DMG file or can you provide a link to the correct USB installer method. I do not have a functioning Mac so I will have to create installer in Windows or Virtual Machine.
See:

Back