Contribute
Register

ASRock Z690 Steel Legend + 13900KF / 12900K + 6600XT

that is the exact method i used to make my installler and its not booting up successfully
I have tried the Dortania Guide to download Monterey, and found followings:
  1. The method creates FAT32 USB memory with BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (I was wrong. This will not boot an actual Mac.)
  2. This will not appear at OpenCore boot selection due to the config.plist attached to the post #1
  3. Pressing a space-key make the USB memory visible as "NO NAME (dmg)" and selectable
  4. Selecting the "NO NAME (dmg)" boots the computer and starts the Monterey installer !
Try a space-key. Making macOS installer without a Mac was easier than expected.

Last edited:
still no success. i am trying to tweak my installation media and try the Dortania method mentioned above.
In which step of the Dortania method do you get into trouble?

May I ask this kind community for help with my Alder Lake setup.

(MacPro 7,1 | Asrock Z690i PG ITX/TB4 | i7-12700K | Radeon RX 6800)
I have managed to install Monterey 12.4 without any problems and have mapped USB ports.

Problem 1 - Dark screen on wake. The system wakes up with USB keyboard/mouse but the screen remains black. The best I have achieved is a wake after 10 sec with multiple keystrokes.
SSDT-USBW + USBWakeFixup.Kext makes no difference in behaviour or probably makes it worse. Also enabling or disabling ACPI patches ADBG to XDBG, change MC__ to MCHC make no difference whatsoever. I have tried disabling SSDT-DMAR and again no change in behaviour.
Clever Access memory is enabled in BIOS and ResizeAppleGPUbars is set to -1.

Problem 2 - TB4 works on first boot. But if I disconnect the TB device system freezes for a minute or so (no hot-plugging?). I assume this might be because I don't have a custom SSDT and just copied one from @CaseySJ's EFI Folder for Asus ProArt Z690.

I have attached my EFI here for anybody to have a look who can help me. Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 71
May I ask this kind community for help with my Alder Lake setup.

(MacPro 7,1 | Asrock Z690i PG ITX/TB4 | i7-12700K | Radeon RX 6800)
I have managed to install Monterey 12.4 without any problems and have mapped USB ports.

Problem 1 - Dark screen on wake. The system wakes up with USB keyboard/mouse but the screen remains black. The best I have achieved is a wake after 10 sec with multiple keystrokes.
SSDT-USBW + USBWakeFixup.Kext makes no difference in behaviour or probably makes it worse. Also enabling or disabling ACPI patches ADBG to XDBG, change MC__ to MCHC make no difference whatsoever. I have tried disabling SSDT-DMAR and again no change in behaviour.
Clever Access memory is enabled in BIOS and ResizeAppleGPUbars is set to -1.

Problem 2 - TB4 works on first boot. But if I disconnect the TB device system freezes for a minute or so (no hot-plugging?). I assume this might be because I don't have a custom SSDT and just copied one from @CaseySJ's EFI Folder for Asus ProArt Z690.

I have attached my EFI here for anybody to have a look who can help me. Thanks.
Each motherboard has its own idiosyncrasies, therefore copying the settings from Asus Z690 is not generally a good idea. Nevertheless, let's do this:
  • Save the ACPI Tableset by running maciASL and selecting the option shown below. Upload the file.
    Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 9.09.20 AM.png
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then also upload that file.
  • Change ResizeAppleGPUBars to 0

Last edited:
Each motherboard has its own idiosyncrasies, therefore copying the settings from Asus Z690 is not generally a good idea. Nevertheless, let's do this:
Thanks for your reply. I have attached these two files.
Also, I realised that Clever Access Memory was disabled in the BIOS. Enabling it froze the system during initial boot. This was when ResizeAppleGPUBars was set to -1. After disabling Clever Access Memory and setting ResizeAppleGPUBars to 0 system boots fine.

Attachments

• Mac Pro.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 29
  • Mac Pro.acpi
    682.3 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for your reply. I have attached these two files.
Also, I realised that Clever Access Memory was disabled in the BIOS. Enabling it froze the system during initial boot. This was when ResizeAppleGPUBars was set to -1. After disabling Clever Access Memory and setting ResizeAppleGPUBars to 0 system boots fine.
Please try the attached EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 76
Please try the attached EFI folder.
Hi.
I have used this EFI Folder. TB4 is improved as it doesn't freeze the system when I remove the TB device. However, when I plug it back in, the device doesn't show up until I restart.
Sleep/Wake behaviour is unchanged. Took almost 15sec to wake and after almost 10 keystrokes.
Thanks.

Hi.
I have used this EFI Folder. TB4 is improved as it doesn't freeze the system when I remove the TB device. However, when I plug it back in, the device doesn't show up until I restart.
Sleep/Wake behaviour is unchanged. Took almost 15sec to wake and after almost 10 keystrokes.
Thanks.
Hackintoshes will typically take 15 or more seconds to wake from sleep. Have you tried the following?
  • Put system to sleep
  • Wait 30 or more seconds
  • Press a key once on keyboard
  • Wait 15-30 seconds
  • If monitor does not turn on, then press a key one more time

Hackintoshes will typically take 15 or more seconds to wake from sleep. Have you tried the following?
  • Put system to sleep
  • Wait 15-30 seconds
So sorry for late reply. Yahoo Mail decided to send the email notification to spam so couldnt see your message until now.
Followed your instructions. The screen doesnt wake at all if I delay second keypress for 15-30sec. I have to then force restart. Its just the screen which doesnt wake. The system does wake up because I hear the cooler fans turn on.

• Put system to sleep
  • Wait 15-30 seconds
Thanks for your help. I can confirm that the system wakes up after two keypresses though it takes unusually long time.
Can I ask whether TB4 functionality cannot be made any more native than this? As I said it does connect at first boot but once TB4 device is disconnected it doesn't appear to connect again until system is rebooted.
Please also let me know how I can make a small donation for your help.

Back