Contribute
Register

Asrock Z170m Extreme4 can't boot Sierra installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
blurry screen and prohibited sign.
Look closely at the last line of the screen.
Does it say "Still waiting for root device" ?

Look closely at the last line of the screen.
Does it say "Still waiting for root device" ?

Yes indeed, didn't noticed that..

Yes indeed, didn't noticed that..
When installing this means that the USB installer cannot be found which typically happens when you have a USB3 flash drive or your USB flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case, try a different USB2 port.
Check your BIOS settings.
Use a different USB flash drive.

When installing this means that the USB installer cannot be found which typically happens when you have a USB3 flash drive or your USB flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case, try a different USB2 port.
Check your BIOS settings.
Use a different USB flash drive.
Currently I'm booting from my Samsung 950 PRO NVMe. Thereby my mobo doesn't have any USB2 ports unfortunately.
Should I add NvmExpressDxe.efi in driversuefi64 folder?

Currently I'm booting from my Samsung 950 PRO NVMe. Thereby my mobo doesn't have any USB2 ports unfortunately.
Should I add NvmExpressDxe.efi in driversuefi64 folder?
If the operating system requires a kext to use a device and you use that device to install the operating system then it is self evident that the kext must be loaded before you can install.

If the operating system requires a kext to use a device and you use that device to install the operating system then it is self evident that the kext must be loaded before you can install.
I have NVMeGeneric.kext in the EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder

I have NVMeGeneric.kext in the EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder
"Still waiting for root device" when installing means that the device containing the installer cannot be found.
You should either enable the device that you are currently using or use a device with native support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back