Contribute
Register

Asrock X58 Extreme 3 DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking into editing the dsdt.aml i extracted (download/file.php?id=3561) with DSDTSE, but none of the hacks I've read about seemed necessary at all. I am using the dsdt.aml and the only kext i'm using is fakesmc. I can shutdown/restart without problem, usb seems ok to me. I can also boot the 64-bit kernel ok (not that it seems to matter much). I don't use sleep, onboard audio or firewire. I'm still using the latest lnx2mac realtek driver, although I'm not sure if this is necessary or not.

Only problem is, I've not had any luck getting speedstep to work. I've tried enabling C-State/P-State generation in chameleon, tried using various identifiers, no matter what I do the cpu seems stuck at max frequency when i look at syctl or msrtools. MSRTools only shows two cpus, I don't know if that is to be expected.

Can anyone take a look at the dsdt.aml, or give me some tips about how to get speedstep working on this board?

zeekay said:
I have been looking into editing the dsdt.aml i extracted (http://tonymacx86.com/download/file.php?id=3561) with DSDTSE, but none of the hacks I've read about seemed necessary at all. I am using the dsdt.aml and the only kext i'm using is fakesmc. I can shutdown/restart without problem, usb seems ok to me. I can also boot the 64-bit kernel ok (not that it seems to matter much). I don't use sleep, onboard audio or firewire. I'm still using the latest lnx2mac realtek driver, although I'm not sure if this is necessary or not.

Only problem is, I've not had any luck getting speedstep to work. I've tried enabling C-State/P-State generation in chameleon, tried using various identifiers, no matter what I do the cpu seems stuck at max frequency when i look at syctl or msrtools. MSRTools only shows two cpus, I don't know if that is to be expected.

Can anyone take a look at the dsdt.aml, or give me some tips about how to get speedstep working on this board?

I tried to d/l the dsdt, but I got "you are not authorized to download this file."

hi everyone! :wave: this is my first post and, first of all, i want to apologize for my english :oops: (i'm italian). In the last period i'm looking for infos about how to, and most important if it is possible, to install mac os on my system. I read billions of pages in this awsome forum but my doubts are still there :think: . First, did anyone succesfully managed to install it and get it working fine? (i mean, no ethernet issues or similar), Second, is it possible to have a step by step procedure to follow for our mobo? i saw the iBoot+multibeast guide but it seems there are a few issues to fix and my bad, i didn't understand how to manage them. If anyone could help me i'll appreciate and i think i could translate in italian to bring your knowlegde in my country :headbang:

thanks in advance!

Hi,
I'm having issues booting the SL 10.6.3 retail after I use iBoot 2.7 and get a panic error 0x55bfa5. I have just 1 HDD connected to sata 3 port 1 and 1 IDE CD-ROM. Does anyone know how to get to boot the installation DVD?

misu3108 said:
Hi,
I'm having issues booting the SL 10.6.3 retail after I use iBoot 2.7 and get a panic error 0x55bfa5. I have just 1 HDD connected to sata 3 port 1 and 1 IDE CD-ROM. Does anyone know how to get to boot the installation DVD?

I had the same problem like you trying to install SL from DVD. I was able to boot the iBoot or the nawcom cd but the retail DVD was NOT booting, so what I did was I created a USB bootable and one USB stick with Snow Leopard restored.
If you can install or just get to the installation screen you can use then DiskUtilities and restore the SL DVD to a USB stick. I did this on a HP laptop and also on a VMware(I used to installed SL on VMWare Darwin_snow.iso and -v -x cpus=1 busratio=xx(xx your CPU multiplicator) and it worked)
If you create the USB SL DVD you'll be able to install it.
Good luck!

i use the DSDT with ATI 5000 iboot CD install SL 10.6.3
and use MultiBeast 3.4 with updata 10.6.6.

HD 5870 & Lan 81XX work fine , but no sound .
anyone know that "Asrock X58 Extreme 3" sound code?
i already try Voodoo HDA 2.61 -2.72 & ALC8XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back