Contribute
Register

Asrock X58 Extreme 3 DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeekay said:
I get kernel panic 'unknown platform ACPI' when I try to select the Mac OSX install disc, what bios settings did you use? I changed to AHCI, disabled usb 3.0 and sata3, and enabled HPET, is there something else I could be missing? I've removed all but 4gb of ram, only one monitor, one videocard, etc
You need to use iBoot-GE for your video card.

Thanks for the reply, I am trying with iBoot-GE, also with the -x flag. I think the issue was the iso i was using. I tried again with a 10.6.3 retail iso and the installer seems to start ok, but eventually kernel panics before I can do anything. I turned on verbose output and I see a lot of RAM Disk errors, it tries to create /Volume, /var/run, etc and each ramdisk gives: ioctl (_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported errors. I finally see: ACP_SMC_Platform::start wait for service(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)) timed out

and just a freeze...I'm wondering could this be a disk error? Or maybe a problem because I'm using a newer version of the install disk? Should I try and use a 10.6.0 retail disk?

I finally did get OS X installed, updated to 10.6.5 and i am using easybeast from the latest multibeast 2.5.1, & tonymacx86 nvidia patch. However my nvidia card shows up as 0MB and unknown.

zeekay said:
I finally did get OS X installed, updated to 10.6.5 and i am using easybeast from the latest multibeast 2.5.1, & tonymacx86 nvidia patch. However my nvidia card shows up as 0MB and unknown.
Did you install the latest Chameleon Prerelease in MultiBeast?

I've run multibeast again, i seem to be using chameleon RC5, but still 0 VRAM for some reason...

Attachments

• Kext Helper.png
    Kext Helper.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
I extracted the DSDT in linux:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4462&p=54402#p54402

Using multibeast 2.5.1 + tonymacx86 nvidia patch

options used:
EasyBeast
System Utitlities
NvEnabler
Realtek RTL8169
Chamelon Rc5 pre-release
fakesmc
EvOreboot
NullCPUPowerManagement
USB Rollback
USB 3.0 Support
iMac i7 smbios.plist

Not sure if it's my graphics card or this mobo, but I am experiencing a lot of instability, programs seem to frequently hang at random, and enter an uninterpretable state where I am not even able to force quit them.

UPDATE:
I'm getting this spinning wheel of death almost within minutes of logging in to the system now. Instability is crazy!

UPDATE 2:
Possibly caused by usb drives...will have to test further, got 460 detected right after removing Nv Enabler (guess new chameleon handles that for you?)

Also installed lnx2mac's realtek driver and I'm using that

No matter what I set smbios.plist to my computer shows up as macpro4,1.

Deleted Extras and reinstalled multibeast using:
No EasyBeast
System Utitlities
Chamelon Rc5 pre-release
fakesmc
EvOreboot
NullCPUPowerManagement
USB Rollback
USB 3.0 Support
iMac i7 smbios.plist # doesn't seem to do anything

I do not use onboard audio, I have a focusrite saffire which is natively supported, however I seem to get random stuttering with it, audio will stop for about a second every few minutes. no idea what's causing that.

So far things seem more stable.

UPDATE 3:
Disabled onboard firewire and installed a cheap pci-express firewire card with a texas instruments chip and the audio stuttering went away and audio performance is greatly improved with my firewire interface.

zeekay said:
I extracted the DSDT in linux:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4462&p=54402#p54402

Using multibeast 2.5.1 + tonymacx86 nvidia patch

Not sure if it's my graphics card or this mobo, but I am experiencing a lot of instability, programs seem to frequently hang at random, and enter an uninterpretable state where I am not even able to force quit them.

UPDATE:
I'm getting this spinning wheel of death almost within minutes of logging in to the system now. Instability is crazy!

I have exactly the same problem. I am trying to edit a project in FCP and at some random interval (anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes), I'll get the Beachball of Doom :beachball: . I have to force quit from the program. At that point, all programs will either hang within a few moments of loading or will hang on load. I have to restart to make anything work.

This wasn't always the case. For the first few weeks, I booted from an iBoot CD and had a stable OS. When I finally started tweaking with Multibeast, this problem started and I have never been able to get a good, stable working system booting with Chameleon.

I thought I might be my video card, but I see you have a different card than me and are having the same problem.

I wish I had some insight to offer, but all I can say is that I'm right there with you!

I think the instability for me was caused by using nvenabler AND chameleon RC5. I guess you have to be really careful. But I did have a lot of problems. Eventually I had to replace the onboard firewire with a pci-express card based off a TI chipset to get stable audio, and upgrade the firmware on my SSDs to prevent disk corruption (Had to reinstall twice last week just because of that). The less kexts the more reliable things eventually became for me. Right now, since my last install, things have finally gotten stable for me. I still have occasional problems but I think they are actually mac osx specific, and not related to my hackintosh setup. I guess we should try to edit the DSDT and get things as vanilla as possible.

I wish I could help with the DSDT editing, but I can't even get booted into the installer using iBoot-GE and my 480, I tried installing with a 9800 GTX, installing the Chameleon Prerelease and the NVIDIA drivers then swapping out, but it didn't work.

I think I'll try the same thing but with the Tonymac patched drivers instead. Any suggestions?

I didn't have luck with iBoot GE either. Try to install using iBoot 2.5.2 and use -x for safe mode. Use iBoot 2.5.2 to both run the osx installer and to boot into the system. Then run update, use multibeast to install chameleon rc5 prerelease, etc. That's what worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back