Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guy's and girls, Tony Macman :wave:

Im new to the forums
Really like the vibe off the community!
Since im a pretty helpfull guy i thought i ought to join you lot
and contribute to the community were i can help.

Im not a complete newbie, so i will try my best to respond and
help those in need. ;)

I have one questing for you guys, and i don't intend to bother.
But (after days of reading all the extreme and extreme 3 posts on all major forums)
is there a somewhat of a finished DSDT?

Really appreciate any help

See you guys on the forums! :headbang:

Hey, I just attempted to install OSX on my own mobo, everything seemed to go well up until reboot when it just refuses to boot back into OSX, both with iBoot and the Hard Disk as instructed by the guide.

I'm using this software/hardware combo:

OSX Disk: 10.6
Multibeast 2.1.4
CPU: Core i7 930
Mobo: Asrock X58 Extreme 3
RAM: 4GB (12 GB waiting to be installed, as suggested by the guide I removed 8GB)
Video Card: Geforce EVGA 285 GTX 2GB

I'm sorry to derail the topic but do you have any suggestions for what I should be doing during installation and after it to get the hard drive booted? I used the unsupported easybeast install since it's an i7 930. Of course if you did have a DSDT I'd be glad to try that as well.

Lord_Twilight:

I'm trying to get almost the same system going:

System: ASRock X58 Extreme 3
OSX Disk: 10.6.3
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws 12 gigs
I used a different video card though - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5870 1GB

I figured that, since Macs come from the factory with Radeon 5870s, it should work.

I tried several installation methods from other Hackintosh sites but nothing has worked so far. The best I've gotten is a kernel panic screen.

Going to try the Multibeast method next. If you learn anything about your particular install situation, please post here. I'll do the same.

Thanks!

charlzm said:
Lord_Twilight:

I'm trying to get almost the same system going:

System: ASRock X58 Extreme 3
OSX Disk: 10.6.3
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws 12 gigs
I used a different video card though - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5870 1GB

I figured that, since Macs come from the factory with Radeon 5870s, it should work.

I tried several installation methods from other Hackintosh sites but nothing has worked so far. The best I've gotten is a kernel panic screen.

Going to try the Multibeast method next. If you learn anything about your particular install situation, please post here. I'll do the same.

Thanks!

(Almost) everything is working fine now! After climbing up the learning curve and with the help of everyone here, I finally got my system running. I have a couple of small issues that I want to fix, but overall, everything is smooth and stable.

I have a similar system, asrock extreme 3, i7 930. Can you share the process you used, or dsdt or anything? thanks!

zeekay said:
I have a similar system, asrock extreme 3, i7 930. Can you share the process you used, or dsdt or anything? thanks!

This thread is the one that details what I did (and am still doing - I am still booting off a DVD since I can't get Chameleon configured properly).

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6022

Lord_Twilight said:
Hey, I just attempted to install OSX on my own mobo, everything seemed to go well up until reboot when it just refuses to boot back into OSX, both with iBoot and the Hard Disk as instructed by the guide.

I'm using this software/hardware combo:

OSX Disk: 10.6
Multibeast 2.1.4
Mobo: Asrock X58 Extreme 3
RAM: 4GB (12 GB waiting to be installed, as suggested by the guide I removed 8GB)
Video Card: Geforce EVGA 285 GTX 2GB

I'm sorry to derail the topic but do you have any suggestions for what I should be doing during installation and after it to get the hard drive booted? I used the unsupported easybeast install since it's an i7 930. Of course if you did have a DSDT I'd be glad to try that as well.
You are going to have a real hard time getting that GPU to work - apple (so far) has no support for video cards over 1 GB of onboard ram. AFAIK, no one has been able to get them to work in SL. I would suggest getting the 1 GB version to use with SL and use the other for gaming in Windows if you plan to dual boot.

I just wanted to update, I actually had the card working on SL 10.6.5, but on both sides I had a crash issue once in awhile that would just appear, and I sent it in for RMA, they sent me a 480 as a replacement, and trying to get that working screwed my install, and of course I let a friend borrow my SL retail disk. :p

So I'm working on it, we'll see with these new drivers if I can get my rig back up and running.

Okay, as of tonight I am booting off the HD in 32 bit. All seems to be well except... Ethernet is not working now!

:banghead:

It worked while I was booting off a DVD. To remedy, I tried to install kexts using Multibeast but the only option I can choose (Intel ethernet) is not making any difference.

I get kernel panic 'unknown platform ACPI' when I try to select the Mac OSX install disc, what bios settings did you use? I changed to AHCI, disabled usb 3.0 and sata3, and enabled HPET, is there something else I could be missing? I've removed all but 4gb of ram, only one monitor, one videocard, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back