Contribute
Register

ASRock B760 Pro RS/D4 works perfectly in Sonoma but Radeon Pro W5700 has problems!!!!

Motherboard
ASRock B760 Pro RS/D4
CPU
i5-13400F
Graphics
RX 580 + Radeon Pro W5700
Hardware:
ASRock B760 Pro RS/D4
CPU intel i5 13400F
RAM 2x 16GB DDR4 (2800MHz)
SSD 980 512GB NVMe gen.4 x4

WIFI/BT PCIe: Broadcom BCM43xx / BCM_20702B0

GPU: NITRO+ RX 580 4GB GDDR5

boot-args: -ctrsmt -wegnoigpu alcid=98 agdpmod=pikera debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 revpatch=cpuname,sbvmm amfi=0x80 -v

Works perfectly in macOS Sonoma 14.4 (EFI OC attached):
hotswap SATA OK
TRIM SATA SSD OK via terminal ''sudo trimforce enable'',
USB2/3 OK
WIFI/BT OK
Ethernet 2,5Gb OK

everything works and is extremely stable but when I updated the video card to the Radeon Pro W5700 it crashes at startup (photos attached).

I can't find a solution!!!!
Maybe I need to remap the USB ports including the USB-C of the W5700???

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1055.jpeg
    IMG_1055.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1060.jpeg
    IMG_1060.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1061.jpeg
    IMG_1061.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
I can boot in safe mode but then I don't know where to put my hands anymore!!!
I've done a lot of testing/modifications but the crash continues

Okay.

Please update your hardware profile to properly show the hardware you are using. As we move further away from the first post, people will not know. It's also a part of the site Rules.

Thank you.

:)

Okay.

Please update your hardware profile to properly show the hardware you are using. As we move further away from the first post, people will not know. It's also a part of the site Rules.

Thank you.

:)
ok as soon as I get back to work I'll put all the hardware including the bios

The EFI/config.plist you are using has been created for an MSI PRO B760M system. Did you make any changes to this EFI to reflect the fact you have a ASRock B760 Pro motherboard?

You have a USBMap.kext enabled in your system, while also having the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry enabled. This is wrong. You should be using one or the other, never both at the same time. Have you edited the USBMap.kext to match the USB ports in your ASRock motherboard, or is it still set to work with the MSI M-ATX board?

The DeviceProperties in the config.plist show the properties for an AMD RX 580 dGPU. These shouldn't be present if you have changed the dGPU to a Radeon Pro W5700 (Navi 10) card.

Do the AAPL,slot-name entries in the DeviceProperties section match with your ASRock motherboard devices, or are they from the devices present in the MSI system?

Also it was good of you to share your SMBIOS serial number etc. I am sure someone will make good use of your settings.

The EFI/config.plist you are using has been created for an MSI PRO B760M system. Did you make any changes to this EFI to reflect the fact you have a ASRock B760 Pro motherboard?

You have a USBMap.kext enabled in your system, while also having the Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry enabled. This is wrong. You should be using one or the other, never both at the same time. Have you edited the USBMap.kext to match the USB ports in your ASRock motherboard, or is it still set to work with the MSI M-ATX board?

The DeviceProperties in the config.plist show the properties for an AMD RX 580 dGPU. These shouldn't be present if you have changed the dGPU to a Radeon Pro W5700 (Navi 10) card.

Do the AAPL,slot-name entries in the DeviceProperties section match with your ASRock motherboard devices, or are they from the devices present in the MSI system?

Also it was good of you to share your SMBIOS serial number etc. I am sure someone will make good use of your settings.
Much of it has been changed
yes I mapped asrock

The DeviceProperties in the config.plist show the properties for an AMD RX 580 dGPU. These shouldn't be present if you have changed the dGPU to a Radeon Pro W5700 (Navi 10) card
I'll update and attach them now
Do the AAPL,slot-name entries in the DeviceProperties section match with your ASRock motherboard devices!!!
Attached txt with boot in "-x" mode

Attachments

• opencore-2024-03-19-165013.txt
    256 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-03-19 alle 17.59.05.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 alle 17.59.05.png
    837 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2024-03-19 alle 17.54.49.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-19 alle 17.54.49.png
    556.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Much of it has been changed
yes I mapped asrock

The DeviceProperties in the config.plist show the properties for an AMD RX 580 dGPU. These shouldn't be present if you have changed the dGPU to a Radeon Pro W5700 (Navi 10) card
I'll update and attach them now
Do the AAPL,slot-name entries in the DeviceProperties section match with your ASRock motherboard devices!!!
Attached txt with boot in "-x" mode
As per rules, update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

So you are booting with both the RX 580 and W5700 present in the system, that's not confusing at all!

Which dGPU is connected to your display(s) when you are taking these screenshots?
It would be better if you only had one or the other dGPU present when booting the system and using Slot-1 (top x16 PCIe slot).

Your use of a Samsung NVMe 980 Pro as the macOS boot drive won't help your macOS setup. As that drive is recommended as one to avoid. Not sure your use of the Force Trim patch will help, as the issue lies with the controller that Samsung have used.

Back