Contribute
Register

ASMEDIA 2142 USB ports with High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I post EFI for further help?

Hi both.

Agreed the chipset should work but a few others have suggested Apple has shifted support from 2142 to 3142, even though the device IDs are the same. o_O

This post might be useful:

I haven't tested this kext personally so YMMV.

The original thread is here:

:)

Hi both.

Agreed the chipset should work but a few others have suggested Apple has shifted support from 2142 to 3142, even though the device IDs are the same. o_O

Hmm... Interesting... Gimme a few minutes to boot up my other hack. I have an ASMedia card in there...

Here is my HP P1N75AA ASM1142 based USB 3.1 gen 2 card on Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91). No configuration ever done to get it working.

I have USB 3.0 USB flash drive plugged in because I don't have any USB 3.1 gen 2 devices handy.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 11.04.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 11.07.04 AM.png

Hi both.

Thank you for pointing me in this direction. I downloaded the ASMedia.kext, but i want to confirm it is supposed to be loaded in EFI/OC/Kexts, right, and not in S/L/E or anything from the first time I built a hack? Dropped in that folder, added to config with ProperTree, still no joy yet, that's why i ask.

XHCI-unsupported was listed in dortania guide saying it was needed for AsRock mobos. Deleted it and other recommended kexts regardless. Shikigva should have been on my dGPU for DRM fix(if found elsewhere please let me know and I'll trash it), and I can't remember why I put stolenmem on my iGPU but it must have been something i read in the dortania guide. Still no ports.

XHCI-unsupported was listed in dortania guide saying it was needed for AsRock mobos. Deleted it and other recommended kexts regardless. Shikigva should have been on my dGPU for DRM fix(if found elsewhere please let me know and I'll trash it), and I can't remember why I put stolenmem on my iGPU but it must have been something i read in the dortania guide.

Is your USB 3.1 gen 2 working?

Stolenmem shouldn't be needed for desktops. You should be able to set DVMT-prealloc in BIOS so there's no need for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back