Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hello dear people of tonymacx86.com,

first thanks to you all for the great and helpful athmosphere on this site! Although I spent quite some time sifting through this forum I think I learned something new with every post i read!
Currently I am seeking advice on my buying list. I have built Windows PCs before, but after I bought a MacBook Pro 7 years ago I never did again. So the basics are know to me, I just have no clue at what I should look at in the current market. I will definitely wait for all those black friday sales before buying anything. My Budget is between 1,000€ - 1,500€. My two biggest questionmarks are above Mobo and Graphics Card. Mostly because there are so many different options and I don't see the differences (except price ;)) The rest should be fine, advice on CPU Coolers would also be appreciated because I don’t see what I should look for.
I don’t think I need a WiFi Card because I will have it on Ethernet anyways or will it give me additional features? My primary Usage areas will be general student stuff like text editing, coding (python & java, mostly machine learning related things, but not as high level that the GPU needs to be the best of all) and some recreational gaming. For the latter I would use a windows partition.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P (120€)
From what I read, Gigabyte is the best manufacturer when it comes to building a Hackintosh because I don’t need to fix a lot of broken things after installing, is that right? I do not intend to overclock at first but I would go for a ZXXX to future proof it. I would choose this one because it has a Thunderbolt port, although I have no real usage for it right now. I don't have any fancy peripherals, I would connect 2 Screens via HDMI + keyboard etc. Should I look at anything else? I don't quite see the differences between all the different motherboards Gigabyte produces.

GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming 6GB (290€)
I would really like to go for a Nvidia Graphics Card because I want to use the CUDA API. From what I read, the 1060s are the middle class ones, is there anything else I should look at? Also 6GB seems to be a thing that I should aim for. Are there any noticeable differences between manufacturers? Gigabyte seems to be the better Hackintosh choice at least for Motherboard but EVGA offers cheaper GPUs. Will the above one be fine or should I go for a more expensive Gigabyte like the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming 6GB One?

Other:

CPU
Intel Core i5-7600K (220€)

RAM
2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 (190€)

Cooler
Noctua NH-U9S (50€)

Storage
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB (Do I need a second SSD for Windows or will it run on the same Disk?) (150€)
SeaGate Barracuda 2TB (66€)

PSU
Corsair CS550M (should be plenty, right?) (70€)

Case
Phanteks Phentoo Evolv ATX Black (this is so expensive but I fell in love with this case!) (180€)

Current sum: 1.336€ (Not killing my budget, yes! ;))

I hope this is not too much question asking, I appreciate your help very much! And please excuse any language flaws!

best regards
qlic

all ok but be aware that the cheap seagate comes for a price. seagate drives are know to have highest failure rates for years so better find some 30 bucks for a different brand. for inspiration google for hard drive failure rates

all ok but be aware that the cheap seagate comes for a price. Seagate drives are know to have highest failure rates for years so better find some 30 bucks for a different brand. For inspiration google for hard drive failure rates

I don't have the same bad experience with Seagate hard drives myself, and I use different types of drives including NAS, SSHD and normal desktop drives, but I do agree that for a time, several years ago, the 3TB Seagate desktop drives do seem to fail often.

I will look into HDDs again, I just picked the Barracuda from the Buyers guide without thinking much. Thank you @theruck @Jamesbond007 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back