Contribute
Register

Are You Still on Snow Leopard? Why or Why Not?

Are You Still on Snow Leopard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
399px-Uncia_uncia.jpg

Personally, I'm always on the latest OS X- as it's got the best and most updated drivers/features.

I installed Lion, and copied over most of my stuff. I found myself just going back to snow leopard over and over. I finally gave up. I don't have time to get everything moved over!

I'm 100% on Lion since 10.7.2
I think it's best to be on the latest OS after second minor release, most release bugs are fixed, and support for previous version (10.6 in this case) seems dead (apart from the really important and rare security fixes).

I'm running Snow Leopard, because I don't agree with Apple's policy, with open source apps, compatibility with old Apple OSs, etc.. so for SL is still the best, modern enough, Apple OS.

My Hack Pro is on Lion, but my old MacBook Pro (early 2008) is not as it cannot apparently run Lion. The age of the old notebook is actually mainly why I built the Hack Pro. That and the general awesomeness of the whole venture.

I'm running Lion, and have been since it was released, on my 2.16Ghz macbook, 2.4Ghz macbook pro, and 2600k rig. As soon as unibeast came out I have put lion on everything (or at least TRIED) that even resembles a computer. Still no sound on the coffee pot, and the graphics resolution is stuck, but at least I tried.

eirrann said:
My Hack Pro is on Lion, but my old MacBook Pro (early 2008) is not as it cannot apparently run Lion. The age of the old notebook is actually mainly why I built the Hack Pro. That and the general awesomeness of the whole venture.

+1 on everything, except that my laptop is a 2007 Black MacBook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back