Contribute
Register

Are any of you willing to pay $40 for Windows 8 Upgrade?

Is Windows 8 worth the $40?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven used the "demo" I can say with complete certitude that I wouldn't use Win8 if you paid me monthly. It is a disaster!

It is growing on me.
If they eliminate the number of steps it takes to perform routine functions then I might like it.

The metro UI is pretty when it comes to their apps area and I really like the weather screen.
I guess I'm just so tired of that plain old windows that anything looks nice at this point.

I might give it try but only if I have a free weekend with nothing else to do. I think Windows 8 looks a mess. I like the video on youtube "How real people will use windows 8"

How Real People Will Use Windows 8

It was like he hadn't even used a computer before. I think people will upgrade for sure, everyone wants the latest of everything. I bet people who had perfect working hardware last year bought new this year.

Well Windows updates don't come along that often so it's a larger change than you would expect from OS X. If you're inclined to use Windows, I think it's worth it. The disk management features, alone, are worth it. I wish OS X had the robust drive pooling features that Windows 8 has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back