Contribute
Register

Are any of you willing to pay $40 for Windows 8 Upgrade?

Is Windows 8 worth the $40?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
B450M-DS3H
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well as many of you probably know Windows 8 is just around the corner and MS is offering their "Upgrade Program" is which you can update windows 7 to 8 for 40 bucks. Is it worth it for any of you? $40 is only 20 more than Lion/Mountain Lion so the price isn't terrible. To be honest, I'd rather pay $40 now than 300+ later. :lol:

ReallyFantastic said:
It's probably not too terrible, so I might as well upgrade my Windows 7 installation.

Interesting, am I right though that the $40 price tag makes it more appealing?

KoalaMan said:
ReallyFantastic said:
It's probably not too terrible, so I might as well upgrade my Windows 7 installation.

I'm an early adopter, so even if the upgrade price was $100, I'd still do it. However, the $40 is a nice touch.

Makes you wonder how/if it's trying to compete with apple on the "cheap" upgrade market.

As the OS is now, I'm not upgrading. It's a steaming pile of turd. Bring back the start menu and kill off the metro UI and I'll consider it...
I've been an early adopter of every previous version of Windows, but this one, I'll give a miss...

thelostswede said:
As the OS is now, I'm not upgrading. It's a steaming pile of turd. Bring back the start menu and kill off the metro UI and I'll consider it...
I've been an early adopter of every previous version of Windows, but this one, I'll give a miss...

Yeah in my DP I disabled metro with the registry hack, and it looks like a highly Polished Windows 7. I like it from that aspect. But of course MS disabled that in the CP/Beta. So now if you want that you have to use ViStart. http://lee-soft.com/vistart/

The only way I will upgrade on my PC is if I can turn off the metro...without a third-party hack.

I downloaded the early previews of Win8 and installed it in Parallels to play with it.
What a confusing mess!!!

This is to entice users still on XP :)
Because we all know what a big pile of crap Vista turned out to be.
People went back to XP. And stayed on XP even when Win7 came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back