Contribute
Register

AppStore: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.commerce.client error 500.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me sort out this issue!
Just copy and paste the line once into terminal. Press the return key, that's all.

Thank you so much. It worked finally..

Make sure to log out of the Appstore and close it before running this terminal command.
Code:
defaults write com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront -string "$(defaults read com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront | sed s/,8/,13/)"
This solved the issue for me

You saved my day. It works!

defaults write com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront -string "$(defaults read com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront | sed s/,8/,13/)"

Thank you

Make sure to log out of the Appstore and close it before running this terminal command.
Code:

You Sir are THE MAN
That worked perfectly !!
Many thanks

Code:
no luck for me but this worked
"
cd ~
rm Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist
rm -rf Library/Caches/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate
rm -rf Library/Caches/com.apple.storeagent

rm -rf Library/Preferences/ByHost
chmod 755 Library/Cookies

I hope appstore stays running long enough to allow me to log out. Normally it hangs the whole machine.

In Mojave App Store would hang after 3 seconds. I reinstalled high Sierra from USB and App Store worked, installed Catalina (how beautiful is the default desktop!) and now if I start App Store it lasts 7 seconds before hanging the whole machine. To test out the solutions in this thread, is there a way to log out of the App Store using terminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back