Graphics
nVida
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I hope someone can help! I just updated to mountain lion from lion and was able to boot, use the most applications. However, I noticed when trying to open FaceTime it crashes, then when trying to launch textEdit, Game Center and Mail they also crash. Has anyone else had the same experience? If so how was it fixed?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Remove contents of ~/Library/Caches, /Library/Caches and /System/Library/Caches
* Reboot

I hope someone can help! I just updated to mountain lion from lion and was able to boot, use the most applications. However, I noticed when trying to open FaceTime it crashes, then when trying to launch textEdit, Game Center and Mail they also crash. Has anyone else had the same experience? If so how was it fixed?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

hey guys, if you have facetime, notes, reminder crash after installation just install again the Essentials.pkg, search inside your Unibeast USB installer under Packages folder, it will fix your problem :wink:

Solution here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/60972-mail-reminders-notes-facetime-crashes-startup.html

It worked!

* Reboot

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I cleared all the caches and rebooted to a fully working Mountain Lion!!

I have only been having problems with reminders and i cleared all the caches, rebooted, and nothing changed.

THANK YOU!!

* Reboot

I've been racking my brain and the net for days to get these apps to work. After doing this, I now have a 100 % working install. THANKS SOO MUCH!!

* Reboot

Would like to try on my next effort, but have a very noobish question:
I recognize the path of the last two cashes, but where do I find the ~/Library/Caches?

Update: Guess I found out by myself: Entered that string in to the finder´s menu Goto>go to folder...
Invisible library within the user´s folder (which I couldn´t make visible via the "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO" terminal command:().
Will try again.

* Reboot
mark as [SOLVED] for me
you are a superstar uk2010, i have googled the life out of my (working) lion for a solution to this.
my mounted lion ;) is now very happy and so am i...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back