Contribute
Register

AppleHDA.kext - Headphones OK, no speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, no problem. Still, based on gen_debug, could you help me with the audio issue?

You should emulate Windows (for _OSI calls, not Linux.

But I still think your speaker problem is likely pathmap related.

Other notes:
- you should NOT have applied the PNOT patch
- "IRQ Fix" patch applied, but may not be required
- you may need FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
- drivers64UEFI configuration is wrong (typically with your hardware EmuVariableUefi-64.efi needed with OsxAptioFix*.efi, or you could use AptioMemoryFix.efi)

Last edited:
You should emulate Windows (for _OSI calls, not Linux.

But I still think your speaker problem is likely pathmap related.

Other notes:
- you should NOT have applied the PNOT patch
- "IRQ Fix" patch applied, but may not be required
- you may need FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
- drivers64UEFI configuration is wrong (typically with your hardware EmuVariableUefi-64.efi needed with OsxAptioFix*.efi, or you could use AptioMemoryFix.efi)

Many thanks for the heads up!
I have re-exported the ACPI tables from Clover > F4, rebuilt the DSDT from scratch and applied the patches (all the basic patches except for PNOT and IRQ Fix, Check OS for Win 10, Audio Layout 3 and HP Pavilion battery status patch). Then I have added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to drivers64UEFI and added FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.

The audio issue still remains. Could you point out some resources for me to fix the pathmap problem?

Attached is the new dump from gen_debug.

mains. Could you point out some resources for me to fix the pathmap problem?

You will need to read up on AppleHDA patching (complex topic).

So should I patch it manually from scratch?

Your choice really... since you have something that almost works, it would seem to make more sense to simply check/modify the pathmaps (assuming they are wrong).

Your choice really... since you have something that almost works, it would seem to make more sense to simply check/modify the pathmaps (assuming they are wrong).

That sounds better. Does the AppleHDA patching guide from the FAQ fit the purpose?

That sounds better. Does the AppleHDA patching guide from the FAQ fit the purpose?

There really isn't a full AppleHDA patching guide linked from the FAQ (just a mention of Mirone's patcher, which contains already patched XML).

There really isn't a complete, well written guide to link to.

I decided to start from a vanilla DSDT, reapply all the patches except for "Audio Layout 3", remove patched/unnecessary kexts and install VoodooHDA instead. Old-fashioned and punk, but it works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back