Contribute
Register

AppleHDA.kext - Headphones OK, no speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
After restoring the audio-related additions to vanilla, I've made one last attempt with patched AppleHDA.kext. Patched again from a vanilla AppleHDA.kext using AppleHDA Patcher and selecting "Realtek ALC295", which, as reported by DPCIManager, seems to be the codec used by my laptop (Codec ID is 0x10EC0295). layout-id is 3 and was set via the "Audio Layout 3" patch on DSDT.aml. I am currently running with patched AppleHDA.kext and layout-id 3. No other kexts/Clover patches or anything. Still able to use headphones and mic only, speaker not working.
Latest dump from gen_debug is attached (just to make sure that the latest changes are included). Help?

It may be that the pathmaps (in patched AppleHDA XML) don't match your codec.
But also, you should verify the speakers are working in Windows...

It may be that the pathmaps (in patched AppleHDA XML) don't match your codec.
But also, you should verify the speakers are working in Windows...

How am I able to check which codec I have? I've seen an old post where you suggested to look at the Codec ID from DPCIManager to retrieve the correct codec for Realtek devices.
Speakers working flawlessly in Windows.

How am I able to check which codec I have? I've seen an old post where you suggested to look at the Codec ID from DPCIManager to retrieve the correct codec for Realtek devices.
Speakers working flawlessly in Windows.

Your ioreg certainly shows Realtek ALC295 (0x10ec0295).
You can confirm by obtaining a codec dump from Linux.
The same dump would help you verify the pathmaps are correct (in patched Platforms.xml).

Note also your ACPI is not patched correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232984/

Your ioreg certainly shows Realtek ALC295 (0x10ec0295).
You can confirm by obtaining a codec dump from Linux.
The same dump would help you verify the pathmaps are correct (in patched Platforms.xml).

Note also your ACPI is not patched correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232984/

Ok I will look into it.
Can you be more specific about theissue with ACPI patching? I've been following the guide you linked but I'm not sure where to look and what's wrong.

Ok I will look into it.
Can you be more specific about theissue with ACPI patching? I've been following the guide you linked but I'm not sure where to look and what's wrong.

Your files don't even have basic patches such as "OS Check Fix" to fix _OSI handling.

Your files don't even have basic patches such as "OS Check Fix" to fix _OSI handling.

Patches listed in the guide applied. I was unable to apply "IRQ fix" because no patches are displayed and enabled to be applied when I bring up "IRQ fix" from the patch browser in maciASL. As for the audio, nothing has changed. The differences I can experience are:

- keyboard backlight key no longer working, it appears that F5 is now mapped to something else (maybe Sleep)
- brightness keys now working (F3-4)

New gen_debug dump attached.

Last edited:
Nothing attached.

Here you go.

One question regarding the OS fix patch. I've noticed that installing the Linux patch changes my keyboard Fn keys mapping (so I get working brightness keys and no keyboard backlight toggle). In opposition to that, any Windows patch restores the keyboard backlight and disables the brightness keys (basically doesn't affect at all the previous keyboard mapping). How do I choose which OS fix patch I should install? (the dump attached has the Linux patch)

Attachments

• debug_16345.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
Here you go.

One question regarding the OS fix patch. I've noticed that installing the Linux patch changes my keyboard Fn keys mapping (so I get working brightness keys and no keyboard backlight toggle). In opposition to that, any Windows patch restores the keyboard backlight and disables the brightness keys (basically doesn't affect at all the previous keyboard mapping). How do I choose which OS fix patch I should install? (the dump attached has the Linux patch)

Your questions regarding brightness keys are off-topic in this thread (this thread is titled "AppleHDA.kext - Headphones OK, no speaker").

Refer to the FAQ for details/links on brightness implementation (and key mapping).

Your questions regarding brightness keys are off-topic in this thread (this thread is titled "AppleHDA.kext - Headphones OK, no speaker").

Refer to the FAQ for details/links on brightness implementation (and key mapping).
Ok, no problem. Still, based on gen_debug, could you help me with the audio issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back