Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Thanks toleda, your audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.8.command help me to make my XFX RX-580 DP audio works wonderful with DELL S2817Q monitor.
full

Hi,
I still cannot get hdmi audio output after installed apple alc, whateverGreen and Lilu.
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 1.03.55 PM.png

And here is the KextToPatch
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 1.20.53 PM.png

and here is the HDAU device-id
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 1.22.19 PM.png

How can I solve this problem?
Thanks a lot for your helping.

Brian

Hello toleda,

Keep up the great work!
I have a problem with my hackintosh system.
I can't get HDMI audio to work! I tried every guide. Nothing happens.

Applehda.kext is from SLE untouched.

My rig:
High sierra 10.13.6
Asus z370 Rog strix F, bios v.1002
Intel I7 8700
Nvidia gigabyte g1 gaming 1080

I tried with multibeast.

Installed 100/200/300 series support + 200/z370 series/x299 audio device id patch.
Restarted then I opened multibeast again installed ALC1220A rog strix only and restarted.
After that onboard audio works but HDMI/DP audio is not working.not even displaying In sound options.

Inside clover/efi I have lilu,whatevergreen,applealc,realtekalc. I tried with hdmiaudio.kext inside clover nothing changed!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• For hdmiaudio.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi toleda,

Thank you for the great work. I still can not get HDMI audio to work.
1. HDMI is not available as an audio output. I get Line Out, Digital Line Out, Internal Speakers, but no HDMI
2. OSX 10.13.6, Gigabyte z370N Wifi mother board, latest BIOS version 5, i7-8700k processor, intel UHD630 graphics
3. I have tried cloverHDMI method. The script tells me this: Intel: 0x8086280b Device ID: 0x34120000 not supported
I also tried Intel - RehabMan/FakePCIID
4. AppleHDA.kext is what came with 10.13.6
8. MaciASL gives me a decompilation Error
9. Files attached in zip

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• HDMI.zip
    933.9 KB · Views: 71
  1. Description of HDMI audio problem : No hdmi audio after gtx 1080
  2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics : High Sierra 10.13.6/Msi z97m gaming/v.1.9/intel i7-4790k/Msi gtx 1080 gaming X
  3. Procedure/Guide used : i've tried in this way : Whatevergreen way
    1. Kexts
      1. WhateverGreen
        • I need to install the kext in clover----kext --------other?
        • Set necessary boot arguments (config.plist) (i have to set -cdfon?)
        Then i need to instal also lilu or i need to choose which one ? i've tried also both withoud doing that:
        • patch kext cache
    2. Install Downloads/WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
    3. Restart
    Also i've tried this way that worked when i had the gtx980, now with the 1080 it won't work :
    "Download/View Raw: audio_cloverHDMI.command.zip"

the only way i get it to work is to turn on the pc without the hdmicable , wait to let the pc full turn on and than put the cable , and he found the hdmi audio. that works everytime only if i do that but is annoyng :/ hope in a solution :D

File attached in zip :D

Attachments

• HDMI AUDIO.zip
    3 MB · Views: 73
Back