Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

But nothing changed.
A lot changed, it's in the files attached
ssdt is working, Nvidia driver is not.
See Post #1/Notes/Nvidia
Try the other mDP ports, try hot plug

Last edited:
I see, so maybe I should disable it. But removing that .aml doesn't remove all the settings. BTW, I tried the latest VoodooHDA and three HDMI settings showed up as expected for this card. But I could only hear a soft hiss through my headphones. So, I have gone back to AppleHDA sound. I will wait for my new DP cable and see what happens.
Update: The DP connector works for HDMI but requires hotplugging, which makes using the audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.6.command unsatisfactory with my Nvidia 1050 card. The HDMI works without hotplugging if I use the latest VoodooHDA. So, I am listening for any noticeable degradation in sound quality with the VoodooHDA. (Removing AppleHDA.kext necessary for best results.)

A lot changed, it's in the files attached
ssdt is working, Nvidia driver is not.
See Post #1/Notes/Nvidia
Big Thanks.

Try the other mDP ports, try hot plug
I tried all the 4 minidp ports one by one ,still no luck.
by the way, the monitor has 1 dp and 4 hdmi ports, now I am using the dp port with minidp2dp adapter.
when I used the hdmi ports ,I get the wrong resolution(1920*1080@60) .
Any clues here?

Attachments

• shinee’s iMac.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 153
I tried all the 4 minidp ports one by one ,still no luck.
Attached IOReg shows the port being used in not capable of audio, no HDMI audio codec.
when I used the hdmi ports ,I get the wrong resolution(1920*1080@60)
HDMI/1080p is native, SwitchRes may help.

Attached IOReg shows the port being used in not capable of audio, no HDMI audio codec.
Good news. IT seems work now. yes, you'r a genius.
Only one minidp port transports audio.
And I try another method by loading "HDMIAudio.kext" (put it in clover/kext/others)which I get it from other post.
I don't know why , I tried your scripts and the right port can't get me there.
Maybe it's not that stable( occasionally I loss the sound) ,maybe I still miss something.
Please see my new files.

Edit: After rebooting, I lost the dp audio randomly, maybe system didn't load HDMIAudio.kext I guess.
Here is the new ioreg and bootlog.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    847.3 KB · Views: 74
  • after rebooting.zip
    662 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
lost the dp audio
Nvidia driver works sometimes, did not present HDMI audio codec to macOS.
HDMIAudio.kext
1. intended for native hardware without the ability to patch ACPI tables
2. does not support all ports for Maxwell and Pascal graphics
3. is not supported on this site
4. has not been supported by the developer for years

yes you are right.
past few hours, I have been testing,and also found something interesting.
in my case , your 'audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.6.command' or 'HDMIAudio.kext' makes 1 (enable NVIDIA hdmi,right?).
if there's 2 in hardware/audio,then I can activate dp audio by plugging a right port somehow, finally reach 3.

Attachments

• QQ20171110-231803@2x.png
    [email protected]
    915.5 KB · Views: 133
your 'audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.6.command' or 'HDMIAudio.kext' makes 1 (enable NVIDIA hdmi,right?)
2 clarifications
1. ssdt shows 6 connector-types, not 4
2. connector-type necessary, not sufficient

connector-type necessary, not sufficient
means the connector-types are not enough?
Are there any ways to work on or just quit ?Honestly I want the audio work with your script,but it seems to be not that easy.

Hey,

I'm trying to setup my first Hackintosh with some success so far, however, since the Sound card that I normally use for Win/Linux is not supported in OSX, I'm trying to get the HDMI Audio on my 1070 working via DP, without any luck so far.

I'm following this guide and I attach the requested files in hope to get some assistance.

I get this message:

No audio codec detected

My system is a:

High Sierra 10.13.1, on a GA-Z270x-Gaming 8, with bios F7/ an Intel i7 7700k and a MSI Armor envidia GTX 1070

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Audio Support.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 100
Back