Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

was going to remove the clover acpi patches of hdas to hdef? or others GFX0 to IGPU?
Both, yes. Those patches disable the ssdts
Missed Post #1/V. Requirements/2. Native AppleHDA.kext/4. Remove/Disable Clover audio/HDMI audio patches
Restart, reply with all files.

Both, yes. Those patches disable the ssdts
Missed Post #1/V. Requirements/2. Native AppleHDA.kext/4. Remove/Disable Clover audio/HDMI audio patches
Restart, reply with all files.

Thank you.. Ive been editing that post. tried a few things and it was the HECI to IMEI that held it up in the end

I tried to run the cloverHDMI script and get the following in terminal. There is no .aml file in the EFI patched folder. There was one from May 2017. I removed that one and I still don't see the proper terminal readout. (Is there an example of one for Nvidia? I don't see it at the top of this thread.)

Agreement

The audio_cloverHDMI script is for personal use only. Do not distribute

the patch, any or all of the files for any reason without permission.

The audio_cloverHDMI script is provided as is and without any warranty.

File: audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.6.command

Release Mode

EFI partition is mounted

HDMI audio codec(s)

Nvidia: 0x10de0080

Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled

Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): y

Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1c81 found on PEG0@1/GFX0@0

Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled
Script will not install the ssdt when HDMI audio is already enabled. Remove any previously installed HDMI audio methods, restart, run cloverHDMI
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Script will not install the ssdt when HDMI audio is already enabled. Remove any previously installed HDMI audio methods, restart, run cloverHDMI
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Let me try to remove stuff first. Oh, if I want to use the onboard audio with audio_cloverALC-130.command, which works fine for me, can I still use the HDMI script as well? Or must I choose one or the other now? I would think audio_cloverALC-130.command might not play well together? HDMI worked on my old Nvidia GT640. I've upgraded to a 1050TX. I am getting a DP2DP cable, too. So, before I send files for this problem, I want to rule out some things first.

One, the other, both; all work.

?? DP2HDMI?
That was my shorthand for this cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YOP0T7G/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

How would you go about installing both scripts? I am sure they both work. But wouldn't audio_cloverALC-130.command change the AppleHDA.kext? Both scripts require a Native AppleHDA.kext?

Also, the only file that was ever in the patched folder was this one: SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml (dated May 5).

That's the only old installation file that I can see. Would I need to remove others and restore the Native AppleHDA? And then what about running Audio_cloverALC-130.command? I would like to know the best order for getting the onboard and HDMI working? I should probably wait a few days for the DP cable to get here. That might make a difference, non?

How would you go about installing both scripts?
Neither script edits AppleHDA.kext native files
Double click cloverALC.command
Restart, verify onboard audio
the only file that was ever in the patched folder was this one: SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
That ssdt supports all Nvidia graphics cards 5 series and newer, no need to run script again.
I should probably wait a few days for the DP cable to get here. That might make a difference, no?
No.
Install 1150 audio/cloverALC any time.
Plug in 1050 when cable arrives.

Neither script edits AppleHDA.kext native files

Okay. My next question is purely for my own information: Why, when you replace the AppleHDA.kext with a native one from (in my case, a real Macbook), do you need to run the cloverALC script again to get onboard audio working? If you reboot with a new copy of the AppleHDA.kext, the onboard disappears from the Sound options until you rerun the script. Curious.

Why, when you replace the AppleHDA.kext with a native one from (in my case, a real Macbook), do you need to run the cloverALC script again to get onboard audio working?
The script adds 2-4 codec specific files to AppleHDA.kext. If those files are not present, no audio.

Back