Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Hey trying to get audio working on my GTX 760 via HDMI. I've included my config. and IORegistry. My UHD tv does not appear in the sound output options in system preferences. any help would be sweet, ta!

p.s Running Sierra 10.12.6

Attachments

• IORegistrywithnoaudio.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 211
  • config No Audio GTX 760.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

In future I will attach said requested files. I've just fixed it myself 5 minutes ago! I used an SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml file in the CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED folder and a HDMIAudio.kext in the CLOVER/Kexts/other folder. BOTH have to be installed just using one or the other made my HDMI not work. This is being posted if anyone has the same GPU and 250 chipset. Thanks for the late night help anyway Toleda.

I've just fixed it myself 5 minutes ago! I used an SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml file in the CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED folder and a HDMIAudio.kext in the CLOVER/Kexts/other folder. BOTH have to be installed just using one or the other made my HDMI not work
Completely wrong. Two methods are installed, each works on it's own; together, they conflict. The reason HDMI audio "works" is neither method is installed properly, remove one. HDMIAudio.kext does not support Maxwell and is not supported on this site.

Not relevant. If the 1050 has DP, last suggestion, DP2HDMI adapter (passive).

Thanks toleda I have just tried this and it works. So for anyone else with the same graphics card as me or thinking about buying one with a similar build as me, note that HDMI audio only works on DP. Out of 3 HDMI ports only 1 actually works as display and the DVI port also works as display. However HDMI audio only works out of DP. Basically not a great buy if like me, you were hoping for multiple HDMI displays. lesson learnt, do your research before buying and if you cant find definite confirmation of something working don't assume it does or might. To clarify unless someone has found another way 3 displays are possible but only the display port works with HDMI audio.

if like me, you were hoping for multiple HDMI displays.
Post #1/Nvidia/Notes:
  • Nvidia 10xx/web driver; no HDMI audio on HDMI port after boot. Use DPDVI2HDMI or DVI2HDMI adapters for HDMI audio (4K@60 HDMI requires active DP adapter).
  • macOS only supports video on one HDMI port on a Nvidia graphics card with more than one HDMI port. Use DP2HDMI or DVI2HDMI adapters for multiple HDMI displays (4K@60 HDMI requires active DP adapter).

Last edited:
Hi Toleda,

i build my config around an i7-8700K with Asus ROG STRIX Z370i and a GTX 1070 connected via DP to a 4K display with High Sierra 17A405.

I cannot find any HDMI device on sound properties using your script. My AppleHDA kext is native.

Your script says that:
Agreement
The audio_cloverHDMI script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files for any reason without permission.
The audio_cloverHDMI script is provided as is and without any warranty.

File: audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.6.command
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
HDMI audio codec(s)
Nvidia: 0x10de0083
Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled
Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): y
Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1b81 found on PEG0@1/GFX0@0
Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

Can you help me?

Attachments

• Jarvis.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
Back