Contribute
Register

Apple Unveils Redesigned Mac Pro Desktop and Pro Display XDR at WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
CA has a post-production partial tax exemption that cuts about half of it.

The new pro display stand, $.99.

You may need 2 of those stands for portrait mode, so that is a 100% increase in price :). Do you work for Apple by any chance with such a high percentage increase?:mrgreen:

The T2 chip is the deal breaker for me. Adds to many complications and too much potential for abuse by Apple.
Making their machines proprietary has been their main focus since the beginning. Now, with the T2, proprietary flash drives, proprietary GPUs and proprietary PCI logic... No thanks

Guessing you didn't read the Use agreement for android Mobil.

<LOL> No, I don't. why is that?
I only have one android device remaining. and, I think it is stuck on Android ver. 5 or some other ridiculously old version.

<LOL> No, I don't. why is that?
I only have one android device remaining. and, I think it is stuck on Android ver. 5 or some other ridiculously old version.

Pretty much says google can spy on you and use your information however they see fit. Same with trashbook!

Here’s an affordable alternative.

C6DBE7B2-1018-41B5-920A-D199E927C3D8.jpeg

I think right now apples current lineup hits every level of customer from the bottom to the top. The new iMac runs the gambit from non 4k 21 inch 7 gen cpu with intel graphics, all the way up to a 9th Gen I9 with Vega 48 Graphics. I can not say for sure but I would guess performance from the I9 is similar to that of the base 8 core xeon that is in the iMac Pro. Placing the top of the line iMac right below the iMac Pro. I get it you feel cheated that they produced this crazy powerful system that only big budgets pros can afford, and it is the only Mac that is an upgradeable tower. But it is not though they left a huge gaping hole between iMac --> iMac Pro.... Unless you just have to have a tower no matter what. Since apple users are 10% of the computer populations I would guess of that only .5% just have to have a tower no matter. It is kind of like Revit for Mac there just is not enough people to justify its existence. I am guessing the cost of the case is what is causing the high price and pushing the base system out of reach for the average pro user.
I think you nailed it.

lol hilarious. I remember when I could afford a Mac Pro. The 1993 Macintosh LC 550 / Performa 550 / Performa 560 was $2081 (in 2018 prices). My first Mac was the PowerMac 6100. I had a G3 and a G5. Now a hackintosh. Id probably opt for a laptop over an iMac and don't really need the computing power. Apple should have recognized its cheese graterness. Macs were expensive but always obtainable. Now they are not. Apple is not the same company and I don't feel that kinship I once did being a creative. Has anyone seen the Steve Jobs movie? Ive watched some of it. Man if its half true, he was a prick. But the innovation (buzz word) died with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back