Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it means that everyone who run their hackintosh with MacPro3,1 can't install Sierra ?
That appears to be the case since a 2010 Mac Pro is defined as MacPro5,1. Now whether this means everyone has to go with this or another definition remains to be seen. I personally used MacPro5,1 on my very first Hackintosh, but it required a lot of editing of some Mac OS files which got "undone" whenever there was an update; will history repeat itself? That also remains to be seen.

Im sure new info will be forthcoming soon. it was just released a few days ago, give the community time to play with it and some guides will be released. theres already some videos on youtube if you look for them on how to do it.

serramanico a knife apple lost their way more and more!

You're missing the point. If tonymac compiles, signs, and distributes an application in breach of the terms he agreed to, Apple can revoke his key and the software no longer works. They might also sue him, but probably not becuase they've disabled the software. So no more legitimate tonymac software.

Currently tonymac (very likely) isn't breaking any laws since his work is (very likely) covered under the DMCA and it is us, the users of his work, who are breaking the terms we agree to when we install the OS. So tonymac can distribute his software as much as he likes.

And of course I'm not talking about what Apple is doing now, I'm talking about the direction they are going in, and their proclivities, which suggest they will go much further along this path.

Basically from Apple's Developer terms (http://adcdownload.apple.com/Docume...pple_Developer_Program_Agreement_20150909.pdf):

3.3 Program Requirements

Any Application that will be submitted to the App Store, B2B Program or TestFlight, or that will be distributed through Ad Hoc distribution, must be developed in compliance with the Documentation and the Program Requirements, the current set of which is set forth below in this Section 3.3. Libraries and Passes are subject to the same criteria:

Distributing an app on your own website falls under none of the above. So you can, according to apple's terms go nuts with any APIs that you choose.

The signature is still revokable, but that won't likely happen unless that software is damaging to either the users or Apple (I haven't found this in their terms, but should be common sense). Here's the bit about certificate revocation:

Apple also reserves the right to revoke any Apple Certificates at any time, in its sole discretion. By way of example only, Apple may choose to do this if: (a) any of Your Apple Certificates or corresponding private keys have been compromised or Apple has reason to believe that either have been compromised (b) Apple has reason to believe or has reasonable suspicions that Your Covered Products contain malware or malicious, suspicious or harmful code or components (e.g., a software virus) (c) Apple has reason to believe that Your Covered Products adversely affect the security of Apple-branded products, or any other software, firmware, hardware, data, systems, or networks accessed or used by such products (d) Apple’s certificate issuance process is compromised or Apple has reason to believe that such process has been compromised (e) You breach any term or condition of this Agreement (f) Apple ceases to issue the Apple Certificates for the Covered Product under the Program (g) Your Covered Product misuses or overburdens any Services provided hereunder or (h) Apple has reason to believe that such action is prudent or necessary.

So in other words, unless your app is a security risk for Apple branded products, or a virus, or you breach the Terms above (which you don't), your signature will be fine.

so guys how you creat USB install, its possible to install Sierra on same Drive with Elcapitan , i mean i will need 2 EFI drive different for 2 OS ?

Last edited:
Basically from Apple's Developer terms (http://adcdownload.apple.com/Docume...pple_Developer_Program_Agreement_20150909.pdf):

3.3 Program Requirements

Any Application that will be submitted to the App Store, B2B Program or TestFlight, or that will be distributed through Ad Hoc distribution, must be developed in compliance with the Documentation and the Program Requirements, the current set of which is set forth below in this Section 3.3. Libraries and Passes are subject to the same criteria:

Distributing an app on your own website falls under none of the above. So you can, according to apple's terms go nuts with any APIs that you choose.

The signature is still revokable, but that won't likely happen unless that software is damaging to either the users or Apple (I haven't found this in their terms, but should be common sense). Here's the bit about certificate revocation:

Apple also reserves the right to revoke any Apple Certificates at any time, in its sole discretion. By way of example only, Apple may choose to do this if: (a) any of Your Apple Certificates or corresponding private keys have been compromised or Apple has reason to believe that either have been compromised (b) Apple has reason to believe or has reasonable suspicions that Your Covered Products contain malware or malicious, suspicious or harmful code or components (e.g., a software virus) (c) Apple has reason to believe that Your Covered Products adversely affect the security of Apple-branded products, or any other software, firmware, hardware, data, systems, or networks accessed or used by such products (d) Apple’s certificate issuance process is compromised or Apple has reason to believe that such process has been compromised (e) You breach any term or condition of this Agreement (f) Apple ceases to issue the Apple Certificates for the Covered Product under the Program (g) Your Covered Product misuses or overburdens any Services provided hereunder or (h) Apple has reason to believe that such action is prudent or necessary.

So in other words, unless your app is a security risk for Apple branded products, or a virus, or you breach the Terms above (which you don't), your signature will be fine.

And where in those terms does Apple say that it will never change those terms? As I said, the problem isn't now, it's the direction Apple is headed in. But even now Apple could say that any of the tonymac tools are "damaging to either the users or Apple." But that doesn't matter since he's not required to sign the apps or agree to any terms when releasing the software. As Apple makes it more difficult or maybe even impossible to run unsigned applications, so does our ability to run hackintoshes.

because they do not stop get every year ?, only it serves to make this business

so guys how you creat USB install, its possible to install Sierra on same Drive with Elcapitan , i mean i will need 2 EFI drive different for 2 OS ?

Yes. I've created 5-OSXs-in-1 install USB stick. It works for real Macintosh and Hackintosh when Clover Bootloader installed on EFI. See as attachment picture: (Volumes "Mac OS X Install ESD" is 10.8.5)
5-in-1-usb.png

And where in those terms does Apple say that it will never change those terms? As I said, the problem isn't now, it's the direction Apple is headed in. But even now Apple could say that any of the tonymac tools are "damaging to either the users or Apple." But that doesn't matter since he's not required to sign the apps or agree to any terms when releasing the software. As Apple makes it more difficult or maybe even impossible to run unsigned applications, so does our ability to run hackintoshes.

So instead of viewing the signed apps requirement as a benefit for the users, you choose to see a possible gloomy future where Apple won't allow us to run hackintoshes even though there's nothing to suggest that will ever happen.

The signature requirement is beneficial for the users and the developers becuase:
1. It helps build trust in the developer
2. It helps preventing updates from a different malicious developer that poses as the real developer
3. It gives Apple a kill switch for malicious apps that could be wreking your hardware and messig with your data.

Before you get too nervous about all this, take a step back and look at the context of the events.

When Apple made the decision to switch to Intel x86 architecture for Macs back in 2005 (which was a long time ago by computer industry standards but not very long ago at all on a human time scale), they made a decision that had implications that would play out over many years.

The implications were not for Apple- they can switch their PC architecture whenever they want- the implications are for their ecosystem- the developers and the other hardware manufacturers that make products that work with Macs. From the perspective of those folks, an enormous amount of money has been invested in making their products work with Intel Macs and they are not going to eat the cost of retooling their products for a different architecture.

As I said, Apple can come out tomorrow and say that they have developed some super-awesome A9x chip that will now be under the hood of every Mac, but if the library of software that runs on a Mac shrinks dramatically as a result, it will be a useless platform and nobody will buy it. There are a few solutions- virtualization, co-procoessors, etc., but those options are costly and they will guzzle energy and thus be very difficult to cram into the footprint of a machine like the current generation Macbook. Oh, and forget about boot camp- which, along with virtualization of Windows, is going to be a must-have for Macs for Apple's latest push into enterprise IT to have any hope of success.

From a technical standpoint, there is little that can be done to differentiate custom-made Apple hardware from generic white-box PC components. Intel owns that architecture and Intel makes all of the parts, so Intel, not Apple, controls this platform. Apple can certainly take the "copy protection dongle" approach and put a firmware chip on each of their system boards and prevent OS X from running unless that device is present, but that will cost money and it will also be subject to hacking.

Bottom line: Apple's products differentiate themselves in ways that are more than sufficient to protect their revenue from homemade counterfeit hardware. Also bear in mind, that what may be well worth the effort to you to build your own machine is beyond the abilities of the average consumer. It is true that they are facing some stiff competition now, and it is becoming obvious that some major investments in Macs and their OS to keep up with the competition are long overdue- but the problem in that regard is Apple, not hackintoshes, which are the industry's way of saying "time to up your game." Hopefully they are listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back