Contribute
Register

Apple Releases OS X El Capitan 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mean we cannot put kexts into kexts/10.11?

Tom

You can put kexts there but they won't be used when booting the 10.11 installer that is present on your 10.10 system volume. Clover bases the directory on the version of OS X that is installed to the volume the boot file is on... In the 10.10 upgrade to 10.11 using the app directly run from 10.10, that is the 10.10 directory, not the 10.11 directory.

Design issue, bug, whatever. It is what it is.

I double clicked the GM full installer, after restoring, I got this screen. What's wrong?

IMG_0136.jpg

I double clicked the GM full installer, after restoring, I got this screen. What's wrong?

View attachment 150712

Tom did you address this possible issue

I got the same "no" sign that turned out to be the Aptio problem when I booted verbose.
..... I replaced CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi on my machine's EFI partition with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from the USB EFI partition.

Then I could boot to the installer and complete the upgrade.

RehabMan has an updated OsxAptio Fix (its listed somewhere in this thread, I believe) that will address this, but this method also worked for several of us

Yoyellow: It's in those links I gave you. But if you want to try something quick, set the MLB to your serial number followed by enough random digits to make 17 characters total, and set ROM to UseMacAddr0

Edit: also make sure InjectSystemID is on.

In the Fix iMessage thread, you can get the iMessageDebug v.2 script which will print out all your relevant parameters and you can make sure none look bogus (none, empty, all zeroes, etc.).

Thanks for the help, i have it working now, using my old Mac Pro 3.1 serial (i like its an original serial) it works after i rested all he iMessage/security related caches and preferences that the iMessage fix thread mentioned.

Is there any downside of using the Mac Pro 3.1 instead of the iMac 14.2 ? so far my usb works with Mac Pro 3.1 and didn't work with he iMac 14.2 (really weird)

Regarding the usb issue try they following.

<key>Patches</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Rename EHC1 to EH01</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>RUhDMQ==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>RUgwMQ==</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Rename EHC2 to EH02</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>RUhDMg==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>RUgwMg==</data>
</dict>
</array>

Regarding the usb issue try they following.

<key>Patches</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Rename EHC1 to EH01</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>RUhDMQ==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>RUgwMQ==</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Rename EHC2 to EH02</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>RUhDMg==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>RUgwMg==</data>
</dict>
</array>

Is this specifically for your board or for El Cap in general, and if so does it matter where it goes in the config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back