Contribute
Register

Apple Releases OS X El Capitan 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to update my Yosemite installation to 10.11 (I initially used unibeast but I can successfully boot with Yosemite with Clover USB). However I can't reach the installation.. It gets stuck on a white screen a with spinning wheel..

My Setup
Gigabyte z77x-d3h
EVGA 760
i5

Here is what I tried so far:

config.plist Standard (from the El Capitan installation sticky)
config.plist Nvidia (from the sticky)
tried to use both UEFI and Legacy methods

Nothing works :crazy:

Any ideas on what else I should try? I googled plus searched on the forum for almost a day now! :shifty:

Any of my troubles around blank white screens have been related to the additional drivers, such as, Aptio or Aptio2. Whatever one you are currently using, try the other and see what happens. Aptio2 works best for me.

I am using Clover :)

If I boot in verbose mode it reaches the white screen after a little while but there are no errors during the verbose boot.

From what I understand the command alters/patches the AppleHDA.kext, which is replaced during each upgrade/install.
Not correct. cloverALC is persistent.
No native files are altered in AppleHDA.kext; the kext is not removed/replaced.

Yosenite, not correct. Use audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip
Please edit your post.

Post edited :oops:

Can I ask, what it is doing that is different, because I used the incorrect one I posted and it fixed my 'No audio devices' problem.

Do I need to go back and run this command you have listed above?

Any of my troubles around blank white screens have been related to the additional drivers, such as, Aptio or Aptio2. Whatever one you are currently using, try the other and see what happens. Aptio2 works best for me.

I tried with Aptio2 and I get white screen.

I just tried with Aptio and it returns Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block :confused:

Post edited :oops:

Can I ask, what it is doing that is different, because I used the incorrect one I posted and it fixed my 'No audio devices' problem.

Do I need to go back and run this command you have listed above?

How are you able to even use the v100 (10.10)? It checks for OS version and should tell you that it is not compatible with 10.11.

I tried with Aptio2 and I get white screen.

I just tried with Aptio and it returns Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block :confused:

I know that using the bootloader on my drive will not work when I attempt to load an installer... I always have to use the usb, which has more drivers (32-bit, 64-bit, mbr... - all that was outlined in the tutorial). I just haven't poked around enough to figure out which thing I need on my main drive to get it working.

How are you able to even use the v100 (10.10)? It checks for OS version and should tell you that it is not compatible with 10.11.

I guess I am confused, which command are you referring to? the one I posted that toleda said was wrong, or the one you have listed here?

On my pc installed with clover, everything works great.
Tried to install on friends pc - i5, MSI P67A-C45, GTX760 it boots without any warnings in verbose mode, but then display turns off, i thought it might be another GPU input, changed dvi port but this doesn't help, tried with GraphicsEnabler=ON, nvda_drv=1 - same. Clover without dsdt. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back