Unknown
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

I've finished installing ML on my build, but my ACD is not detected or working, even the USB audio/camera/mic..
It's hooked to a GTX670 via MDP to DP adapter.

Mobo is z77 thunderbolt version.

What do you think is going on?
Is it the GTX or the UEFI mobo? or is it driver issues?

I have a similar problem.
My CD doesen't get any input at all, whether it's connected the HD4000 or my GTX680 doesen't make any difference. I'm going MDP to DP as well. But my mic and iSight do work.

I know that there is a Cinema Display UEFI bug where the CD can't display the UEFI and only works after the machine is fully booted.
But I don't get any signal at all, so I suspect my MDP-DP adapter to be broken. New one is on the way.

This is really disappointing.. ughhh!

I don't think it's the adapter, because I bought two to be on the safe side.. and I got no image..
Anyway man, just let me know how it goes for you when you receive your new adapter.. I hope it works.

Anyone who knows anything about this problem, please respond.. at least show us the way
I chose to build a hackintosh because of the monitor!!!!

I know that quite a few Cinema Displays are working - saw them myself. So I know that they do work.
But if you don't even have USB/mic/audio - are you sure your Cinema Display gets power? :)

Did you test it on another machine? I know that mine works because I tested it on my MacBook.

I have a 23" ACD. With a Z77-DS3H (UEFI BIOS), I have a reduced size BIOS LOGO screen with a big black board around it. Using the DEL KB key gets a picture like this guy had: http://www.overclock.net/t/1252984/my-gigabyte-ga-z77mx-d3h-has-some-serious-bios-issues The UEFI BIOS works upon connecting to another non ACD monitor. A search on Google brings up lots of posts on multiple forums with this problem.

I have a GA-Z68X-UD3H w/o the UEFI BIOS (it's the F12 Award BIOS) which works as it should.

So, it's the UEFI BIOS. Hopefully, you won't have to use the BIOS a lot. :thumbdown:

I know that quite a few Cinema Displays are working - saw them myself. So I know that they do work.
But if you don't even have USB/mic/audio - are you sure your Cinema Display gets power? :)

Did you test it on another machine? I know that mine works because I tested it on my MacBook.

You are correct, some do work, Cinema Display 24" works fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,712
Hey guys,

I've finished installing ML on my build, but my ACD is not detected or working, even the USB audio/camera/mic..
It's hooked to a GTX670 via MDP to DP adapter.

Mobo is z77 thunderbolt version.

What do you think is going on?
Is it the GTX or the UEFI mobo? or is it driver issues?

Zotaibe,

Which version of Thunderbolt board are you using? If using the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH the monitor must be on motherboard's Thunderbolt Port1 and not Port2...

EDIT: Could your GTX670 MDP port be the main problem? As on some cards it is not known to work except DVI or HDMI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back