Contribute
Register

Apple Branded Wired Keyboard not working properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-A/USB3.1
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed El Capitan successfully!! Woot! Now I am trying to figure out why this apple branded keyboard does not work properly. Some keys do not work. When I go into keyboard settings to identify the keyboard it gives an error saying it can't identify it. Anyone else run into this issue?

I installed El Capitan successfully!! Woot! Now I am trying to figure out why this apple branded keyboard does not work properly. Some keys do not work. When I go into keyboard settings to identify the keyboard it gives an error saying it can't identify it. Anyone else run into this issue?
Did you ever figure this out. Just noticed today i have the same issue. The Home and End buttons don't work.

Which Apple kb? Yes, it does happen. It happens in OSX 10.5.8 using an Apple Aluminium kb. It happens in El Cap using the old white A11048 kb. Both give me problems in Linux.

If you can get past the "press the key to the right of the left shift key/press the key to the left of the right shift key" then just ignore it (it should only complain once). Go into the OSX keyboard setting... Since it's an USB kb try a different port before powering up the PC. Then use Karabiner if necessary. https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/

Have you considered just buying an Apple Aluminum kb?

i ended up using the Better Touch Tool and just mapped the Home and End buttons to the right arrow/command and left arrow/command

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back