Contribute
Register

Apple branded bluetooth module in USB hub - Solved Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha right!? Good luck with that man! You think i can get some tips from you on soldering? Like how the **** im supposed to solder these precisely? Also, I notice there are two pins on each lane. Like one under another. Obviously what used to click into this thing but do I just solder it to both or do i have to precisely do them individually?

Well actually im combining this guide with the guide with the airport combo, and the pci card im using does already have a 3.3v regulator. My question was any tips for neat and precise soldering so i dont ruin a lane haha

Ahh well Jobs done and it doesent work haha. The wifi card works fine so that means i must have messed something up during soldering. I will say I did not feel comfortable with such a small work space. Oh well ):

This is my build of the bluetooth module and voltage regulator. I separated all the pins and put heat shrink over them making it very easy to plug together with only a couple solder joints. I put it all inside a iPod touch case and mounted it to a PCI slot bracket. The antenna was bought from eBay also and works very well (I pick up my neighbours phone, awesome signal!). The case is kind of big for the project but it holds the extra wire and is very easy to take apart, if I have future problems.

After testing both methods I have noticed a steady signal with no interruptions or faults with the regulated way. USB modules also have built in regulators which also work good. Magic Mouse works perfectly! Wakes the computer from sleep without a problem. I still get about a 3 second delay which is common after sleep, but it does work without having to reconnect or restart.

I did this to place it all inside my computer and get awesome range! The red LED indicator on the voltage regulator lights up the whole iPod case.... Looks Alright

Attachments

• IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 400
This is my build of bluetooth and wifi module...

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 846
rolandcabral said:

I don't understand, with this config, where you are getting the +3.3V, D+ and D- from.. from the USB cable? If yes, where it is connected on the PCI adapter? :crazy:

bye!

moly82 said:
rolandcabral said:

I don't understand, with this config, where you are getting the +3.3V, D+ and D- from.. from the USB cable? If yes, where it is connected on the PCI adapter? :crazy:

bye!

the wifi is connected to the mini pci on the motherboard and the bluetooth is wired and connected to the motherboard's usb3 header or connection...i soldered a 2 diode in series to the positive wire which is +5v to make +3.6v dc...the diodes are hidden in a shrinkable...my motherboard has a spare 20 pin usb3 header but i don't have the plug so i took the pins from other connector (from my junks of connectors) and soldered directly to each wire...i hope you understand my explanation :)

ooops sorry it's not mini pci, it's pciex1... :p

I took my BT from a old mac mini, with a pretty big and strange-shaped antenna.. I connected it to the motherboard to a USB header and the 2 diodes.. the antenna is "flying" inside the case :D

so maybe I can steal your idea in regards to the antenna.. do you think it is safe to cut the antenna actually connected to the BT, and connect it to the mini PCI adapter spare antenna I have? (I also have the wifi mini pci mod and currently I am using only two of the 3 antennas provided :) )

thanks bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back