Contribute
Register

App Store Login Error Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mak 1 said:
My recommendation is to Clean all of the EFI Strings in the boot.plist and install Latest Lnx2Mac network driver then apply methods 1&2 only.
This is what i did,if you update to lion 10.7.2, it causes issues with EFI Strings. Since EFI Strings causes you boot problems you can do this
it does the same job. I can access App Store, iCloud everything is fine.

So I just tried Method 1 and the same thing happened. It wouldn't get back to the desktop.
So I tried entering with -v -x -f and I am stuck on this screen (see image below).
It looks a lot like I will have to spend the next 4 hours clean installing and starting fresh again.
I hate my life. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    499 KB · Views: 144
acentoni said:
Mak 1 said:
My recommendation is to Clean all of the EFI Strings in the boot.plist and install Latest Lnx2Mac network driver then apply methods 1&2 only.
This is what i did,if you update to lion 10.7.2, it causes issues with EFI Strings. Since EFI Strings causes you boot problems you can do this
it does the same job. I can access App Store, iCloud everything is fine.

So I just tried Method 1 and the same thing happened. It wouldn't get back to the desktop.
So I tried entering with -v -x -f and I am stuck on this screen (see image below).
It looks a lot like I will have to spend the next 4 hours clean installing and starting fresh again.
I hate my life. Any recommendations?

Confirm you have only made changes on org.chameleon.boot.plist and the files mentioned in the guide.
And You said that your System is functional, so You can access the desktop. right?

It WAS functional and able to reach the desktop BEFORE I tried method 1. Now I am unable to get anywhere. I am stuck on the screen in that image that I posted. I am certain that I only made changes to org.chameleon.boot.plist. All I did was add this (see below) to the end of the string, still in between <dict> and </dict>.

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

PLEASE HELP. Cannot get back into my computer. I have tried everything.

rBoot, iBoot, -x, -v, -f, -s. NONE OF THESE WORKED either.

acentoni said:
It WAS functional and able to reach the desktop BEFORE I tried method 1. Now I am unable to get anywhere. I am stuck on the screen in that image that I posted. I am certain that I only made changes to org.chameleon.boot.plist. All I did was add this (see below) to the end of the string, still in between <dict> and </dict>.

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

PLEASE HELP. Cannot get back into my computer. I have tried everything.

rBoot, iBoot, -x, -v, -f, -s. NONE OF THESE WORKED either.

Try to disable network chip from the bios.

Mak 1 said:

How do I do that? Sorry, I have never done that before, I don't want to seem like a noob.

acentoni said:
Mak 1 said:

How do I do that? Sorry, I have never done that before, I don't want to seem like a noob.

Is ok to be a noob. We all were noobs at the beginning. But are you ok with bios settings according to the tonymacx86 forum guides. You better check again.
-and in my bios configuration the network is under INTEGRATED PERIPERALS witha name On Board LAN Controller. You can disable it only then save and exit.

And also if you know the path of original working org.chameleon.boot.plist you can enable it. Confirm that you have the working org.chameleon.boot.plist and the path (eg: users/etc/dektop/org.chamelon.boot.plist).

Mak 1 said:
Is ok to be a noob. We all were noobs at the beginning. But are you ok with bios settings according to the tonymacx86 forum guides. You better check again.
-and in my bios configuration the network is under INTEGRATED PERIPERALS witha name On Board LAN Controller. You can disable it only then save and exit.

Ha. Okay. Yeah I am familiar with BIOS a little. I just didn't know where that specific setting was. But I found it thanks to you. I disabled it, saved it, and rebooted. Still nothing works. It gets to the grey Apple loading screen and then shuts down. Every time. Am I going to have to reinstall fresh from the very beginning? Again?

Also, I should note, that the ethernet portion of the updated string in org.chameleon.boot.plist was already there.

It was the
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

section that I had to add in. I think that is what is affecting the computer.

acentoni said:
Mak 1 said:

Ha. Okay. Yeah I am familiar with BIOS a little. I just didn't know where that specific setting was. But I found it thanks to you. I disabled it, saved it, and rebooted. Still nothing works. It gets to the grey Apple loading screen and then shuts down. Every time. Am I going to have to reinstall fresh from the very beginning? Again?

Also, I should note, that the ethernet portion of the updated string in org.chameleon.boot.plist was already there.

It was the
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

section that I had to add in. I think that is what is affecting the computer.

Probably it is.
And how about the path for your original boot.plist . do you know where it is?
If you know the working boot.plist s path its good news?

Mak 1 said:
Probably it is.
And how about the path for your original boot.plist . do you know where it is?
If you know the working boot.plist s path its good news?

I copied the entire "Extra" folder to my thumb drive before I changed it. But I don't know how to replace the current one with it unless I can access my desktop/system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back