Contribute
Register

App Store Login Error Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mak 1 said:
jester969 said:
Tried what you said above but still no access to app store. I have the latest Lnx2Mac driver and everything. I double checked but I can't tell what is the current version on his page. Could it be a problem with the Ethernet naming en0 and en1? I have read threads that this possibly causes issues.

It seems Lnx2mac Network Driver is not loaded in this picture. And I have the same en0 thing in the system report, it is normal. If it is Ethernet(en0) when you add new network connection in network settings that's causes the issue.
-Check Extra/Extensions or System/Library/Extensions and make sure you see this: RealtekRTL81xx.kext (Lnx2mac Driver).

I did not have that kext inside that folder S/L/E even though I used the latest MB 3.9.1 during my installation. Installed the new driver, no conlficting driver were laid on desktop, rebooted, repeated step 2 numerous times, kept getting Ethernet (en0) in Network plist.

Still no access. When adding Ethernet first, I get Ethernet (en0) all the time. I even unplugged my USB wireless adapter to see if that changed anything. Is it possible I have to establish contact with store with a wired connection?

Attachments

• App STORE Error 7.png
    App STORE Error 7.png
    236 KB · Views: 255
  • App STORE Error 8.png
    App STORE Error 8.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 275
jester969 said:
Mak 1 said:
jester969 said:
Tried what you said above but still no access to app store. I have the latest Lnx2Mac driver and everything. I double checked but I can't tell what is the current version on his page. Could it be a problem with the Ethernet naming en0 and en1? I have read threads that this possibly causes issues.

It seems Lnx2mac Network Driver is not loaded in this picture. And I have the same en0 thing in the system report, it is normal. If it is Ethernet(en0) when you add new network connection in network settings that's causes the issue.
-Check Extra/Extensions or System/Library/Extensions and make sure you see this: RealtekRTL81xx.kext (Lnx2mac Driver).

I did not have that kext inside that folder S/L/E even though I used the latest MB 3.9.1 during my installation. Installed the new driver, no conlficting driver were laid on desktop, rebooted, repeated step 2 numerous times, kept getting Ethernet (en0) in Network plist.

Still no access. When adding Ethernet first, I get Ethernet (en0) all the time. I even unplugged my USB wireless adapter to see if that changed anything. Is it possible I have to establish contact with store with a wired connection?

If you ?nly connect with Linksys network adapter. go to your bios settings and disable the lan adaptor then repeat method 2 but don't add nothing this time. just configure your linksys then try to access app store:

My linksys won't connect without applying the network interface within system pref.

:banghead:

I think I am going to try Ethernet string inside the apple boot.plist. :(

I have tried everything in this post and i still cant get access to mac app store... :banghead:

Re: App Store Login Error Solution - ** finally - success **

I too had this problem with signing into app store. Everything else working fine.
I think it started somewhere around 10.6.8 update, however, it could have been around the same time switching from chameleon to chimera.

I had "Ethernet Adaptor (en0)" instead of "Ethernet", but I dont use the onboard nic - i have a broadcom wireless adapter (that shows up as an airport).

I tried everything listed in various threads about deleting network interfaces, networkinterfaces.plist, changing from lnx2mac/realtek drivers, etc.
I had EthernetBuiltIn=Yes in boot.plist (/Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist)

Having this issue for months, and not giving up, I decided to take another crack at this.

I think the issue for me was that i have an Nvidia Quadro NVS295, which I need to have a custom EFI? hex string in device-properties field of boot.plist (GraphicsEnabler=Yes doesnt do anything for me).

I decided to use OSX86Tools to generate the EFI xml for my ethernet adapter:
Code:
	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
	<dict>
		<key>built-in</key>
		<string>0x01</string>
	</dict>
and merged this section into the xml plist generated for my gfx card, and then used gfxutil to generate a hex string from the single merged xml (with both ethernet and gfx efi settings in one).

After putting this new hex string into my boot.plist device-properties, removing my network interfaces, networkinterfaces.plist, and rebooting ----- I have "Ethernet" instead of "Ethernet Adaptor (en0)"!!!!

*** APP STORE WORKS!

So moral of the story:
1. if you have some custom efi/device-properties, you may want to look into this as,
2. i suspect something may be broken, or otherwise not right with chameleon boot.plist and EthernetBuiltIn when device-properties override is used.

thampusbank said:
I have tried everything in this post and i still cant get access to mac app store... :banghead:

In method 2 there's a string PciRootUID. Change it to PciRoot. and try again.

Wooo hoooo. Thanks for the guide. I was able to get my 10.6.8 to work!!! :clap:

I've tried all three and none work. Do I need to undo anything?

If you ?nly connect with Linksys network adapter. go to your bios settings and disable the lan adaptor then repeat method 2 but don't add nothing this time. just configure your linksys then try to access app store

Success at last!!!!

I repeated method 1 & 2 and it worked by adding arguments to BOTH my org.chameleon.boot.plist AND (com.apple.boot.plist), deleted com.apple.network.identification.plist and NetworkInterfaces.plist files, deleted Network preferences, rebooted, add Ethernet first, got Ethernet by itself no en0 or en1 no more!!!!
Method 2
1-Delete the configuration in network preferences. (hit the minus (-) to delete) then Apply.
2-Inside YourRootPartition>Library>Preferences>System Configuration.
Delete:
-com.apple.network.identification.plist
-NetworkInterfaces.plist

I am stoked!!! Now if I could only get my machine to run in 64bit. :think:

Don't give up guys just double check what you are doing and try different methods and see what gives. :clap:

Method - 1
Add these arguments to your org.chameleon.boot.plist (com.apple.boot.plist) in Root/Extra folder.
*arguments must be written between <dict> </dict>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

You rock Mak 1! I did not give up! :headbang:

jester969 said:
I am stoked!!! Now if I could only get my machine to run in 64bit. :think:

Thanks :thumbup: :thumbup: . Why are you running the machine in 32 bit mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back