Contribute
Register

Apollo Twin Mkii Hackintosh ( GA Z370 SLI XP with 970 evo nvme SSD 500 GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU
i9-13900KF
Graphics
RX 6600
Hi there,

I wanna know if my PC is gonna be compatible with UAD APOLLO TWIN mkii...

I'm planning to to buy alphine ridge controller along with a TB3 to TB2 adapter

I wanna know if alphine ridge is going to work with NVME along with it

i7 8700

GA Z370 SLI XP

970 evo nvme 500 gb

GT 710 2gb graphics card

2*4TB HDD

A few things: You may have to look into a workaround, AFAIK for the NVIDIA card if you want to use Mojave, otherwise maybe High Sierra. Is your 970 the 970 EVO Plus or the regular 970 EVO?
You'll need Windows 10 and the installer disc that comes with the TB card. Install Windows on a spare drive, install the Thunderbolt driver to "wake it up" -and you should be set for the "Install High Sierra" guide. You may want to use a small "Windows only" drive to get things going. Know this going in: You'll need to power-up your Apollo before turning on the computer so that the UAD driver will "see the device" and load the driver. There are Thunderbolt patches out there for your board. Look through the various Thunderbolt and/or UAD/Apollo forums and you should be set. I'm using the Apple TB3 to TB2 dongles with Apple TB2 cables. They work fine. FWIW, I haven't had luck with Filevault, so I don't use it. Good luck. LMK how it goes.

A few things: You may have to look into a workaround, AFAIK for the NVIDIA card if you want to use Mojave, otherwise maybe High Sierra. Is your 970 the 970 EVO Plus or the regular 970 EVO?
You'll need Windows 10 and the installer disc that comes with the TB card. Install Windows on a spare drive, install the Thunderbolt driver to "wake it up" -and you should be set for the "Install High Sierra" guide. You may want to use a small "Windows only" drive to get things going. Know this going in: You'll need to power-up your Apollo before turning on the computer so that the UAD driver will "see the device" and load the driver. There are Thunderbolt patches out there for your board. Look through the various Thunderbolt and/or UAD/Apollo forums and you should be set. I'm using the Apple TB3 to TB2 dongles with Apple TB2 cables. They work fine. FWIW, I haven't had luck with Filevault, so I don't use it. Good luck. LMK how it goes.
Thanks for all the info ..
I'll let u know the progress ..

Now you do not need to activate Thunderbolt under Windows.

Now you do not need to activate Thunderbolt under Windows.

Very cool! Is that just for your mobo in your sig? Something's changed because you still need an AIC for the X299-UD4 Pro. Are you using Titan Ridge or Alpine Ridge? Are both ports working?

Very cool! Is that just for your mobo in your sig? Something's changed because you still need an AIC for the X299-UD4 Pro. Are you using Titan Ridge or Alpine Ridge? Are both ports working?
I use Alpine Ridge. There is one port. I tested on X299-UD4 PRO and Z390m Gamming.

I'll let u know the progress ..

Yes It's done
Initially had some trouble ..
But installed windows and drivers n stuff..
rebooted to Mac enabled TB3 stuff on BIOS n Its Working

Wondering if there's a way to get HOT plug enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back