Contribute
Register

Anyone tried RX 5700 (XT) with latest public beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WhateverGreen kext

Bootflag in clover config.plist
agdpmod=pikera

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 2.29.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 2.29.24 PM.png
    418.2 KB · Views: 572
I'm getting very similar OpenCL and Metal scores in Geekbench 5 between an RX590 and RX5700XT. I saw above that @Slickademo was getting similar results, curious if anyone is seeing expected results from their RX5700s?

I'm getting very similar OpenCL and Metal scores in Geekbench 5 between an RX590 and RX5700XT. I saw above that @Slickademo was getting similar results, curious if anyone is seeing expected results from their RX5700s?

I'am also having similar results between the two, but only in GB5.
I have the two cards in the same system.
The RX 5700 XT is on the PCIe Slot-1 (16x)
The RX 590 is on the PCIe Slot-2 (8x)
The most strange thing is that the Maximum Frequency registered by GB5 in OpenCL with the 5700 XT is only 875 MHz.
I think this benchmark is broken or needs upgrade, since in all other tests (Luxmark, Cinebench, Unigine and windows games) the 5700 XT performs a lot more.

card1.png
card2.png

Senza-titolo-1.png

Did someone compared performance between the new RX5700XT and the old Vega 64 in FCPX?

Is your display working after long sleep? Mine seems to have the same problem as when I wasn't using 'agdpmod=pikera', the computer seems to wake up but the screen remains black.
EDIT:
This might only happen sometimes, my computer seems to be waking fine again...

Last edited:
Did someone compared performance between the new RX5700XT and the old Vega 64 in FCPX?
I'm also have vega64 and thinking about upgrade.
Main reason -gaming performance much better.
And I'm also use FCPX.

Any idea how to compare performance Vega64 vs 5700 XT in FCPX?

VEGA56 works fine in 10.15.1, but 5700XT freezes screen after waking up, need WEG.kext to fix the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back