Contribute
Register

Anyone tried RX 5700 (XT) with latest public beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's strange. I know it's just beta but my Rx 580 Geekbench metal score is higher. I'm surprised
I know and thought the same. However my result seems to be the similar to the rest on Geekbench. To quote Primate Labs Inc:

"
To make sure the results accurately reflect the average performance of each GPU, the chart only includes GPUs with at least five unique results in the Geekbench Browser.
"

I guess the performance will be much better in 10.15.2

Hi guys,

Hoping someone will be able to help.

I have a Mojave boot working with clover, using
MSI Z370 gaming pro carbon
i7 8700k
ASUS Dual RX580 8GB

I tried to boot the Catalina beta all day yesterday, and could only install with iGPU, otherwise I black screened on boot. Verbose bootloader last showing IOconsoleUsers:GIOScreenLockState 3... very quickly before it black screens.

I also have a Powercolor rx5700xt which does the same... so for some reason my eGPUs are not being recognised/not getting support from Catalina, but my Mojave boot recognised the RX580 instantly.

Any ideas? Thoughts maybe to do with EC as well?

silver0wn remove or disable WhateverGreen kext

Try this:

Keep WhateverGreen where it is and keep it enabled.
Add "agdpmod=pikera" boot flag (without quotes)

Havent tried that yet, although I did come across it when I was searching - shall get a chance Wednesday evening I guess to boot it. What does this bootflag do?

Havent tried that yet, although I did come across it when I was searching - shall get a chance Wednesday evening I guess to boot it. What does this bootflag do?

it patches WhateverGreen replacing board-id with board-ix
With my configuration I can't boot disabling or removing WEG, strangely it works only with WEG+this flag.

Hey Guys,

I finally replaced my Nvidia 980TI with an RX 5700XT because due to the NV Web Driver issue and updated the OS to the latest Catalina 15.10.1 Beta.
The whole upgrade progress from High Sierra to Catalina was made with the integrated HD530 which I now disabled again.
In addition, I deleted WEG.

The System is finally booting fine, the card is recognized correctly and working great so far but with one issue.
Unfortunately, only one of the three connected Display is working/detected. No option to activate the other ones is shown in the settings.

Anyone else observed this? Is this still a limitation by the Beta?

EDIT1:

A tested a bit around and noticed that it is every time the same DP-Port which is working. It does not make any difference if there is a display connected or displays connected to the other DPs.

I also connected a 4th Display at the HDMI Port ant this works beside the first one. So at the moment, it seems that only the first DP and the HDMI Port are working for me.

Last edited:
it patches WhateverGreen replacing board-id with board-ix
With my configuration I can't boot disabling or removing WEG, strangely it works only with WEG+this flag.

Wow, thanks for this so much, you saved me. I thought, that I would need to downgrade to 10.15.0, but luckily my 2x 4k displays connected to Gigabyte RX 580 GAMING BOX works fine again with 10.15.1 dev beta 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back