Contribute
Register

Anyone here who managed it to get EC on a MSI GE62?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus X Hero
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700k with Corsair H115i Pro
Graphics
Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi comunity,

I try to install OSX El Capitan on my Notebook, i choose EC cause i think its easier to get it up but.. well its not :/....
Here some Specs:

MSI GE62-2QE
Core i7 4720hq
GTX 965m Optimus( i know it will not be useable in OSX, and im totally fine if the HD 4600 will work)
120GB SSD m.2 but only 500mb read/write
1 TB HDD
8GB Ram.
AC-3160 WiFi module
ALC 897 Audio

please tell me if i miss something.

i get it to install OSX and also done the after install things like create User etc.. finally got to the desktop.
with the PS2 kext i got Trackpad and keyboard running.. my ask is now.. how to get full support of the HD 4600? i get it shown up in "about my Mac" but only with 7mb ram and no Hardware acceleration.. the next thing is... is there any way to get the ALC 897 audio and the AC-3160 Wifi running?

many thanks in advance :)

Mac_user12

btw. please be polite with my english.. im german :)

Hi comunity,

I try to install OSX El Capitan on my Notebook, i choose EC cause i think its easier to get it up but.. well its not :/....
Here some Specs:

MSI GE62-2QE
Core i7 4720hq
GTX 965m Optimus( i know it will not be useable in OSX, and im totally fine if the HD 4600 will work)
120GB SSD m.2 but only 500mb read/write
1 TB HDD
8GB Ram.
AC-3160 WiFi module
ALC 897 Audio

please tell me if i miss something.

i get it to install OSX and also done the after install things like create User etc.. finally got to the desktop.
with the PS2 kext i got Trackpad and keyboard running.. my ask is now.. how to get full support of the HD 4600? i get it shown up in "about my Mac" but only with 7mb ram and no Hardware acceleration.. the next thing is... is there any way to get the ALC 897 audio and the AC-3160 Wifi running?

many thanks in advance :)

Mac_user12

btw. please be polite with my english.. im german :)

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back