Contribute
Register

Anyone have iMessage working?

Do you have iMessage working in Yosemite?

• Yes

Votes: 45 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 131 74.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have iMessage and FaceTime working. I'm using Clover on a fresh 10.10 install. I had to call Apple Support and give my Customer Code, though. But it was a very quick call.

Please PM me the instructions when you have a chance. Thanks.

I have iMessage and facetime working with Clover and having saved my data with iMessage Debug from Mavericks before, the only thing I did was install Yosemite, after clover, and finally with Clover Cofigurator, load the data store with iMessage Debug in section SMBIOS and ready; with Chameleon / Chimera fails to operate the NVRAM file and this caused all the bugs we know, try all methods I found online, latest versions, manual editing of data and nothing, so I decide to switch to clover and everything ok. Greetings, my system GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 F10 - i7 2600k - GTX 770

What guide did you guys follow for Clover?

I'M getting problems with my USB Driver it seems. Can't find a way to fix it, keep getting AppleUSBEHCI: Unable to obtain ownership

Grymmie,

I actually got issue #3 and verified it was from NVRam from my testing methods. I verified every other issue was not the problem (including restart) through the entire fix thread and also attempted other full reinstalls that included a fresh attempt at using NVRAM to populate a plist as well as trying to transfer my plist information from my Mavericks previous build.

Also attempted to dump the NV cache through terminal did not create the plist.

I am hoping I didn't miss anything through my testing but from my situation looks to be the NVRAM issue. I tried with it, without it, and previous build. Would be amazing if it was my fault :)

error message #2 so it seems, when looking up the SMBIOS table from clover has an invalid serial number. This did not occur in Mavericks (didn't matter what serial no. was used, with the FILENVRAM.dylib, but now it does). Tried with a few generated serials. The only time it worked was when I got lucky and booted with a valid serial number. Apple may be trying to restrict iMessage to only valid serials. Seems like an obvious next step.

*evanhindra

When you made the call to Apple, how did it go? What type of info do they ask about?

What guide did you guys follow for Clover?

I'M getting problems with my USB Driver it seems. Can't find a way to fix it, keep getting AppleUSBEHCI: Unable to obtain ownership

I ran into that same error and the only way I figured a way around it was to update my bios to the UEFI version. I'm on a Z68X-UD3-B3. Everything seems to be working well now, so it was worth the effort. As far as the guides, I mainly used the clover guide here from TonyMac.

Is it weird that my Facetime works, but iMessage doesn't? I logged into Facetime, then made a phone call (don't have a webcam) and it just used my iPhone and made a call. But I get error #1 where it says error during activation.

You don't actually need a real mac serial. that's a misconception. you just need a serial not in use by someone else. you need to ensure that your hack stays with that ONE serial and you don't keep changing it. Every time you change system def in multibeast, serial changes, every time you change boot loaders it changes, unless you ensure you copy it from one install to a new one and put it back in there as same serial.

You need to make sure your rom and MLB are CONSISTENT in NVRAM. To do that you need that consistent serial, you need a consistent and working unchanging system ID. have all this, and imessage will work like a charm even without a real mac serial. If anything, if you pull a real mac serial (and that real mac is still in use) you are at greater risk of issues than the fake serial. Apple is cracking down lately on too many registrations and shared serials and thus all the "here is a code, call us" errors people are seeing now. too many serial changes or using a shared serial gets account flagged. I should know, my account was flagged, I found out I had over 10 registered serials from same hackintosh accumulated..Oops

Also, I tried a real mac serial at first, i got an error message with it, because the other mac was still signed in to imessage. If it's a retired mac, Then I suppose it's worth using. But don't go stealing your sisters/mothers/brothers, etc mac serial thinking you NEED it cause your fake doesn't work. Find out why your fake doesn't work (maybe you managed to generate a valid serial someone in china is using). Maybe you've registered too many serials and need to call apple and get your account reset.

Once you generate a fake serial, Check it online (plenty of info in the imessage guide thread on how to do this). Best serial actually is a unique bogus one that does NOT return as valid online (because valid means possibly in use somewhere).

I have working imessage and facetime on 10.10 with clover, with bogus serial. http://mysticalos.com/10_10_Mesages.jpg

I've even enjoyed some handoff already and answered phone on my hack through facetime, forwarded from my iphone 5s. Follow Jay's imessage guide, its good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back