Contribute
Register

Anyone have iMessage working?

Do you have iMessage working in Yosemite?

• Yes

Votes: 45 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 131 74.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got iMessage working for a good while now. Im just a bit worried with all these new users confused and testing Clover they are not keeping their ROM/MLB values. This leads me to be concerned that Apple might see the sudden 'spike' in those accts needing to be removed and begin suspecting a whole of hack users. They may end up doing something to clamp down on it so...

if you have current MLB/ROM from Chimera USE IT! STORE IT SOMEWHERE safe!!!!

Please don't go through 10 calls to Apple through your experiments and possibly contribute to shutting out future users and the hack community in getting iMessage to work.

Can I install an old version of Mavericks with Chimera and get a working MLB/ROM, back it up, and use it on a new Clover install? Or do I still need to have a valid serial number taken from a real mac? (the last hackintosh I used was way before iMessage was even invented)

Ok, no offense to anybody but I'm sick and tired of people posting that they got their iMessage working with Clover. News Flash; that is not a news flash. Yes apparently iMessage works with Clover.

Now here's the thing, unless you have a way of getting it work with Multibeast somehow, save your enthusiasm to yourself because you are just posting unnecessary extra posts and confuse people. There are already many posts explaining how to get it work with clover.

:banghead:

Clover really seems to be not user friendly looks confusing and I don't want to mess up my working system migrating to Clover.

Ok, no offense to anybody but I'm sick and tired of people posting that they got their iMessage working with Clover. News Flash; that is not a news flash. Yes apparently iMessage works with Clover.

Now here's the thing, unless you have a way of getting it work with Multibeast somehow, save your enthusiasm to yourself because you are just posting unnecessary extra posts and confuse people. There are already many posts explaining how to get it work with clover.

:banghead:

Clover really seems to be not user friendly looks confusing and I don't want to mess up my working system migrating to Clover.

Aren't you getting all antsy. Heres a News Flash: Chameleon OR Chimera has NOT been working ever since Yosemite was released to developers months ago. There IS NO WAY AROUND IT without NVRAM updated.

If you don't like the idea of others trying to help others with Clover, I suggest you ignore those posts and keep trying and wasting your time hoping your results differ.

Your in the wrong thread to be complaining about this, go and re read the thread title!! People are only responding to that question!

Dude, take a deep breath and relax. If you were smart enough to get this far then you're probably able to figure out Clover. It was a sharp learning curve for me at first.

If you have a spare drive why not try to learn something new? Here's a great link to how to do it by mr. tonymacx86 himself:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

I wish I had this guide when I first started with Clover last year!

Good luck!

using Clover configurator makes it a lot easier, for the majority of clover users they can just select "generate Config" and most of the magic is done to get a basic system running.

for its worth i had trouble with iMessage too until i added in my ROM and MBL to my config (it was already there in the SMBIOS page just not in the Rt Variables) and I've had like way to many different smbios setups over the last year and it seems my account hasn't been flagged? not sure if I've just been lucky here or not? would love to hear more about this.

Also im not a Clover only guy, i still use Chimera on my old EX58 system, both have their benefits

I find it odd that so many are reluctant to even try Clover. It seems like the much better solution imo. It's so easy, and added kexts just go into the kexts folder and it picks them up on boot. Much more transparent system with uefi, and without having to modify S/L/E at all. I just don't get it... I'm sure everyone had to read guides and trial/error until they had Chameleon/Chimera working properly, why not try the same with Clover?

I am more than willing to try Clover, especially with the nice guide Tony put out yesterday. The only hurdle I have, however, is how do I go about "uninstalling" Chimera and installing Clover? Is there a "good" way to do that? All the guides I have seen is how to setup Clover, not how to migrate from Chimera (which is needed considering it seems to be the way things are going).

How does dual booting work with Clover if it resides on the EFI partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back