Contribute
Register

Anyone have gotten their 900 series Nvidia card working with Yosemite yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ASUS GTX 960 that I just installed today. I am using the latest web drivers that were released a few days ago. So far so good. I'm playing WoW and running 160 fps on ultra.

Since I raleady had the drivers installed, all i did was pop out the old card and plug in the 960.

I have a Gigabyte GTX 970 and using the latest 10.10.2 nVidia drivers I'm only getting about 35 fps in SW on Ultra. How do you get 160?

This is an interesting thread for me.

I've a 970 out the box, have downloaded the Cuda Drivers and seems to work well.

I just need the computer to boot on it's own without manually adding nvda_drv=1.

I've added it to the boot list but it still needs text adding at boot up.

Any tips greatly appreciated :cool:

This is an interesting thread for me.

I've a 970 out the box, have downloaded the Cuda Drivers and seems to work well.

I just need the computer to boot on it's own without manually adding nvda_drv=1.

I've added it to the boot list but it still needs text adding at boot up.

Any tips greatly appreciated :cool:

Which bootloader (Chimera/Clover/Chameleon)you are using currently?

If you are using CLOVER then,
Add the flag "nvda_drv=1" in "Arguments" after opening your "/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist" in a plist editor or you can use CLOVER Configurator for this task.

If you are using Chimera/Chameleon,
Add the flag "nvda_drv=1" in "Kernal Flags" after opening "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" in a plist editor.

Edit : The NVIDIA Web driver should be installed in your system before trying above flags. Below guide will help you on this.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-10-2-343-02-02-a.html

Which bootloader (Chimera/Clover/Chameleon)you are using currently?

If you are using CLOVER then,
Add the flag "nvda_drv=1" in "Arguments" after opening your "/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist" in a plist editor or you can use CLOVER Configurator for this task.

If you are using Chimera/Chameleon,
Add the flag "nvda_drv=1" in "Kernal Flags" after opening "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" in a plist editor.

You also need to install web drivers, if you don't then nvda_drv=1 points to nothing and would cause this problem. please see here and make sure you get the web drivers. not just the CUDA.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-10-2-343-02-02-a.html

I've installed yosemite with my MSI GTX 970. It's working very well ;)

I removed the card, installed the web drivers, then put the card back and just enjoyed :D

Thanks Jithan and Tylerworth. Really appreciate your input.

I'm using Chameleon now and the computer has now booted three times without issue so really excited.

The only issue I have is with some scratchy audio coming out the speakers. The speakers work fine. I've selected the 1150 audio codec which I think is right for my motherboard. Guess I'll have to trouble shoot some more to find out how to fix it.

If I go in to Multibeast and alter JUST the audio codec, do I have to re-input all the other settings too?

Thanks once again you guys!!

Thanks Jithan and Tylerworth. Really appreciate your input.

I'm using Chameleon now and the computer has now booted three times without issue so really excited.

Bootloader is Chimera or Chameleon?

The only issue I have is with some scratchy audio coming out the speakers. The speakers work fine. I've selected the 1150 audio codec which I think is right for my motherboard. Guess I'll have to trouble shoot some more to find out how to fix it.

If I go in to Multibeast and alter JUST the audio codec, do I have to re-input all the other settings too?

Thanks once again you guys!!

No. Only select which option you want to add/change. Also if your bootloader is Chameleon as mentioned above and installing latest MultiBeast with default selected options it will install Chimera as your bootloader.

I have a Gigabyte GTX 970 and using the latest 10.10.2 nVidia drivers I'm only getting about 35 fps in SW on Ultra. How do you get 160?
I don't get that everywhere. I do have "View Distance" set to good and easily get 120 fps in battlegrounds and raids. In my garrison, it tops out around 60. In my mine, its 200.

I play in windowed mode at 1680x945.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back