Contribute
Register

Anyone got Gigabyte Z77-DS3H and USB3 working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
And if so how? I tried Multibeast USB 3 kext from MultiBeast but it did not seem to work.

Ben

The kext in MB is for NEC/Renesas USB3.0 chipset.

You have the Intel 7 series USB3.0 chipset on that board. It won't work.

Keep your panties up until more updates from Apple. :crazy:

jester969 said:
The kext in MB is for NEC/Renesas USB3.0 chipset.

You have the Intel 7 series USB3.0 chipset on that board. It won't work.

Keep your panties up until more updates from Apple. :crazy:

Thanks, the 'USB 3 supported in native kernel' think fooled me;).

Ben

funkytwig said:

Ben

you can solve this problem?

just tell me how?

I have same problem with you :cry:

paipai said:
funkytwig said:

Ben

you can solve this problem?

just tell me how?

I have same problem with you :cry:

Reed the thread, it cant be solved.

Got Gigabyte Z77-DS3H and USB3 working but not sure if it is a good idea!

Hi, I just installed the LaCie drivers and my RAID 0 USB3 (NTSC) array works. I have to let the computer start up properly (lever it a minute or so after I get desktop) but seem to work (seems to tak a bit of time to become available after startup but I can live with that.

The odd this is it is not suposed to work ad I have read elsewhere that the LaCie drivers should only work with LaCie drives (but mine seem to work). I am therefore not sure if this is a good idea/will be reliable long turn?

Was wondering if now Mac seem to be using USB3 if drivers for my motherboard may arrive from Apple. Also wondering if anyone else has been using the LaCie drivers long term for non LaCie drives and if they have had any problems.

Ben

I would suggest try upgrading your setup to Mountain Lion 10.8.2.....USB 3.0 should work on your system just fine OOTB without the need for the Lacie drivers (because USB 3.0 drivers now comes in ML, as MBP Retina Display has them). My advice on installing is try using the bare minimum drivers and try following this guide to installing here >
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...yte-ga-z77-ds3h-i5-3570k-ivy-bridge-16gb.html

The best way to do it is do a clean install of ML is do like the poster above says, and then migrate your data over with Migration Assistant.

I would suggest try upgrading your setup to Mountain Lion 10.8.2.....USB 3.0 should work on your system just fine OOTB without the need for the Lacie drivers (because USB 3.0 drivers now comes in ML, as MBP Retina Display has them). My advice on installing is try using the bare minimum drivers and try following this guide to installing here >
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...yte-ga-z77-ds3h-i5-3570k-ivy-bridge-16gb.html

The best way to do it is do a clean install of ML is do like the poster above says, and then migrate your data over with Migration Assistant.

Thanks, I guess this is the downside of Hackingtosh (i.e. having to put aside a day for an upgrade). Biut busy at moment but will have a go when I get time. USB for my HD seem to be working so if it ant broke dont fix it may be a good philosophy.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back