Contribute
Register

Anybody with msi x58 pro/sli/e/ or similar had success?(or " darwin 86" rebooting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zzgo which nvidia kext did you have to take out and put back in?

WHat kext did you guys use to get your audio working?

still trying - will send you a report when I got it working

zzgo which nvidia kext did you have to take out and put back in?

I have backuped und then deleted S/L/E/NVD*.kext after installation restore the NVD*.kext in the S/L/E run Multibeast 4.6.1 and choose System Utilities / Repair Permissions and to get OpenCL support choose Drivers/Kext/Graphics/Nvidia/10.7.2+ Combo OpenCL Enabler

Anybody gotten audio to work on the msi x58, i got it to work, but once i flash a dsdt audio get broken!!!

Anybody gotten audio to work on the msi x58, i got it to work, but once i flash a dsdt audio get broken!!!

Hey jucery, just a little question
did you also hear sound - my prob is that applehda and enablers are installed and can be configured, but I hear no sound - same probleme I had with Lion
Only solution was to use voodoohda - not really suitable for me

Yup never got applehda to work, i was gonna try to patch one but i got super confused, if you guys want though i have the codec dumps.... Did you get coodoo to work correctly in mountain Lion?

I have resigned trying voodoohda dif. versions get to work with mountain lion - few times I heared sound, but system crashed randomly, other times ML refuses to boot

now trying to get a x-fi titanium or audigy2 to do its job - will report later ....

story continues

What I've found so far is with an older eVGA NVIDIA GTS250 video card in - one with just 2 DVI ports - I could use the oldest Voodoo kext for audio and it only has occasional problems with popping/noise in some flash videos on websites.

When I switched to a newer video card - an XFX ATI 6870 card that has 5 ports (DVI's & HDMI & Display Ports) - I can't get audio to work right with Voodoo or any other kexts so far. I think the HDMI on the video card is interfering with the Voodoo kext accessing the onboard audio chipset.

just like to say a big thanks! to all the advice on these boards, I finally got to the installer and currently says time remaining only 6 minutes! Pretty happy so far.

So to confirm I'm using
MSI X58 Pro-e (Latest Bios 8F, 19/03/2011)
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 560 1GB
4GB DDR 3 Ram (recommended in a video somewhere to have no more than 4GB...)
only one HDD installed, only one video card installed, no other devices connected other than USB stick with Unibeast installed.

Using Unibeast 1.5.3 and latest Mountain Lion from the App Store.

I had the constant restarting problem after 'Starting Darwin' and 'Boot Args', no matter what arguments I put!
But the brilliant advice here helped a lot!
Like: Set the Drive to AHCI (in this board's bios go to RAID and change from IDE to AHCI)
and to go to CPU Features and enable Execute Bit Support (also in the bios).
Of course you also need to set to boot from USB, and with this board the USB option doesn't come up in the Boot Options in the bios unless you have the USB stick plugged in when you boot up.

Lastly, to get this far, I did need to enter the argument PCIRootUID=0, since I'm using nvidia card.

Anyway, still installing, so I'll post again when I've gotten further.

Following up... I have mountain lion working flawlessly on MSI X58 Pro-e, with 2 x GTX560, 16GB ram. Scores well (for it's ilk) on geekbench and cinebench.

Audio - another story. No luck. Tried as many things as I could come across, have even gone through 3 or 4 complete installs to try different things.
So, anyone got the ALC889 working? using multibeast 5.1.3.

thanks!

Last addition to this thread - I think I'm the only one reading now anyway...

Got ALC889 sound working!! Using the VoodooHDA 0.2.1 from Multibeast 5.1.3. That was the last piece, so now the whole machine is working very nicely, specs listed earlier.
With this kext though the first reboot ends in text overlaying the bootup apple logo screen and the message to hold power in and restart your computer. After doing this, the reboot is fine and audio then works, same two channel output coming through all motherboard outputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back