Contribute
Register

Anybody with msi x58 pro/sli/e/ or similar had success?(or " darwin 86" rebooting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say thank you to the people on this thread. I now have 10.8.2 running flawlessly (sans sleep) on my hackintosh. Hardware is: msi pro-e x58, core i7-920, gts 250.
I had to use the PCIRootID=0 -x -v flags and delete the NVD kexts (then i later re-installed them) from the unibeast usb and I was good to go!
thanks again!

I just want to say thank you to the people on this thread. I now have 10.8.2 running flawlessly (sans sleep) on my hackintosh. Hardware is: msi pro-e x58, core i7-920, gts 250.
I had to use the PCIRootID=0 -x -v flags and delete the NVD kexts (then i later re-installed them) from the unibeast usb and I was good to go!
thanks again!

Hi, I need help.
the only difference with yours is GTX260. But when I re-installed them (NVD kexts), when it boots, the monitor lost connection to the display.

Im using mxi pro-e x58, core i7-920, and GTX260. Almost all are working, except the graphics. It is recognised as 3MB display. with spdisplays_display of 1024 x 768

May I know which kexts did you re-install?

I have the following, but not sure which one I need to install, and which one is not:
- NVDAGF100Hal
- NVDAGK100Hal
- NVDANV50Hal
- NVDAResman

Thanks all for the help!

sure. I am going to reinstall this tomorrow. I will let you know then!

So I know this is more than a year late haha, but I think I can answer your question.

I just successfully updated to Mavericks 10.9.1 from 10.8.5. I used unibeast with the most up to date (.9.1) app store installer,
and deleted all the NVD kexts as usual. Instead of using disk utility and reformatting my drive during the install, I installed .9.1 on top of my .8.5 drive.

After a successful install process, video was really sluggish & laggy as expected.

I then used kextbeast to reinstall the NVD kexts one by one:
NVDAGF100Hal.kext
NVDAGK100Hal.kext
NVDANV50HalTesla.kext
NVDAResman.kext
NVDAResmanTesla.kext
NVDAStartup.kext
(and probably incorrectly) NVSMU.kext

After each reboot, I got no results until I got to nvdstartup.kext.
After that was installed, the fan stopped blowing full-time, and video was fixed. Success!!

Before this, I unsuccessfully tried and ran into the same problem as you; I got a blank, black screen on startup.
It may have been a problem with the NVSMU.kext i installed. When i first tried, i installed all the kexts I listed above at once, even the NVSMU one which i am suspecting caused the problem.

Hopefully this helps you or someone else trying to install Mavericks or other OS X on this hardware!

Hey guys, I'm trying to install Mavericks using Unibeast+Multibeast method. i

I've been facing this problem like many other users here about having the black-screen for about 15-20 secs and then getting a white flickering screen and then rebooting. I'm confused and i dont know what to do. Please can you help me with this ? .. also clarkm mentioned in one of his posts about deleting unibeast kexts, how is that done? I'm using a basic graphic card Nvidia GT610. Hoping to hear from you'll soon. Thanks

I've tried PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, -x -v -s all possible combinations .. nothing seems to work. :(

Config - MSI X58 Pro-E, i7 980x, Nvidia GT610 2gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back