Contribute
Register

Anybody with msi x58 pro/sli/e/ or similar had success?(or " darwin 86" rebooting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noone with sucess with msi x58 and nvidia ou combination ?

last bump given up

@garthtrickett - and anyone else having a reboot problem before getting to the ML Installer on an MSI X58 Pro-E (or similar) - Check your BIOS settings! The rebooting is NOT because of your video card.

Go to Advanced BIOS Features -> CPU Feature -> Execute Bit Support. Set it to ENABLED. (By default it is disabled, and Lion boots fine with it disabled.)

This worked for me to get to the ML Installer. Otherwise I was about to give up as well - I'd tried nearly every boot flag/argument I could find and even updated my BIOS (under Windows) and booting from the UniBeast USB would run for awhile and then just reboot before the installer. This one setting fixed it.

You'll still have to figure out how to make your video card work though if it needs any boot flags.

I just had to enable No-execute memory protection in the BIOS. Im using an asrock x58 extreme

thanx alot

@garthtrickett - and anyone else having a reboot problem before getting to the ML Installer on an MSI X58 Pro-E (or similar) - Check your BIOS settings! The rebooting is NOT because of your video card.

Go to Advanced BIOS Features -> CPU Feature -> Execute Bit Support. Set it to ENABLED. (By default it is disabled, and Lion boots fine with it disabled.)

This worked for me to get to the ML Installer. Otherwise I was about to give up as well - I'd tried nearly every boot flag/argument I could find and even updated my BIOS (under Windows) and booting from the UniBeast USB would run for awhile and then just reboot before the installer. This one setting fixed it.

You'll still have to figure out how to make your video card work though if it needs any boot flags.

[highlight]Your the hero of the day - many thanx , worx fine[/highlight]

legendary phxjay

What a GOD finally got rid of the rebooting problem, what boot commands did you use?But no I have the stupid black screen problem where it doesn't show video =(. And also does the brand of the GPU matter in boot commands? Like would a EVGA gtx 460 boot command work with a Asus GTX 460.

first I have delete the nvidia kext from the unibeast stick and backuped them, than have bootet from the stick with -v. after successfully installing ML I copied the nvidia kext back used multibeast to repair permissions and install the additional kext.

WHat kext did you guys use to get your audio working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back