Contribute
Register

Any work arounds of speedstep for my CPU: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3300 @2.00GHz ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mavericks
CPU
Celeron T3300
Graphics
Nvidia GT320M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am a newbie in the Hackintosh World and just followed Installation Guidence online and really glad to get Mavericks 10.9.1 running on my laptop. However, HWMonitor shows that my CPU sticks at 1.99GHz(which is the MaxFreq) all the time. I searched on Google and here only have the knowledge that SSDT might be what I am looking for, which I really don't know where to start now. I am wondering whether there is already SSDT fro my CPU somewhere here or else? Or, if not, how do I generate my own? Seems can't find all-ready SSDT file here or detailed guidance....
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated! (Sorry for my poor English..)

I am a newbie in the Hackintosh World and just followed Installation Guidence online and really glad to get Mavericks 10.9.1 running on my laptop. However, HWMonitor shows that my CPU sticks at 1.99GHz(which is the MaxFreq) all the time. I searched on Google and here only have the knowledge that SSDT might be what I am looking for, which I really don't know where to start now. I am wondering whether there is already SSDT fro my CPU somewhere here or else? Or, if not, how do I generate my own? Seems can't find all-ready SSDT file here or detailed guidance....
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated! (Sorry for my poor English..)

Try using GenerateCStates/GeneratePStates (Yes), DropSSDT=Y in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. You will probably need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext if it is installed.

Try using GenerateCStates/GeneratePStates (Yes), DropSSDT=Y in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. You will probably need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext if it is installed.

Thanks for your quick answer:)
Now that I've done as U told and nothing changed...Isn't it the most urgent thing that I need SSDT.aml? Still have no idea how to generate my own, or, is there already ssdt for my CPU?

Thanks for your quick answer:)
Now that I've done as U told and nothing changed...Isn't it the most urgent thing that I need SSDT.aml? Still have no idea how to generate my own, or, is there already ssdt for my CPU?

I don't think you need a custom SSDT for your CPU. And there are no tools to automatically generate one for these old CPUs. This is why I suggest using Generate from the bootloader.

I don't think you need a custom SSDT for your CPU. And there are no tools to automatically generate one for these old CPUs. This is why I suggest using Generate from the bootloader.

Okay, now I am getting it. U mean by having ### GenerateCStates/GeneratePStates (Yes), DropSSDT=Y ### and ### AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. No NullCPUPowerManagement.kext### done, speedstep is achieved? But I've got all this done and according to HWMonitor my CPU is still running at MaxFreq. What am I missing? U mentioned about patching AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, how would I know wether I need it and if so how is it done?
Thanks again for your being patient. I just cannot find a proper & detailed guide here.

Okay, now I am getting it. U mean by having ### GenerateCStates/GeneratePStates (Yes), DropSSDT=Y ### and ### AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. No NullCPUPowerManagement.kext### done, speedstep is achieved? But I've got all this done and according to HWMonitor my CPU is still running at MaxFreq. What am I missing? U mentioned about patching AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, how would I know wether I need it and if so how is it done?
Thanks again for your being patient. I just cannot find a proper & detailed guide here.

Post ioreg and I'll look at what you have so far: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Attachments

• IOreg-Output.ioreg
    8.3 MB · Views: 222
I am not formiliar with IORegExp. Hope this is what U mean:
Sorry it took so long to reply. I am in China and it seemed connection to this website is not always avaliable due to the GFW, esp today...I may have to check for your reply tomorrow now.
Really appreciate your help here!

The file is corrupt. Please read the entire post and use the correct version.

Good morning! Glad to see your replay.
Didn't expect it and now I use the IORegExp U provided in the thread and here it is:
View attachment 84221

You might want to start by using a more appropriate smbios. Currently, you have iMac10,1, which is probably too new for your Penryn CPU. And its not a laptop. Take a look at everymac.com to decide on a MacBook model that has hardware similar to yours.

Other than that, power managements looks as close as I can understand (not having any experience with these old CPUs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back