Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just finished successfully building a CustoMac Pro with Ivy Bridge. Unfortunately, my RocketRaid2322 card destroyed a drive during boot up. I posted about this is another forum.

At this point, I just need to get something that works. Unless anybody knows of a way to solve the issue. Can someone recommend a good eSata card that will work?

I like the RocketRaid cards because they are very fast. I have a SAS connector card for 8 drives. So anything like that would be great.

Thanks!

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 -
Gigabyte Intel Z77 Dual Thunderbolt ATX Motherboard with BT4.0/Wi-Fi (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH)
Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms - CMPSU-650HX
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
SanDisk Extreme SSD 480 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-480G-G25
EVGA GeForce GTX680 SuperClocked 2048MB GDDR5, DVI, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, 4-way SLI Ready Graphics Card Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2682-KR
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz PC3 240 Pin DIMM Memory CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
Corsair Carbide Series 500R Mid Tower Gaming Case CC-9011012-WW
Syba Low Profile PCI-Express 1394b/1394a (2B1A) Card
AJA Kona 3
Highpoint RocketRaid 2322

Anyone have a recommend for an eSATA card that works? Also, looking for a reliable BD-R. I read Tonymac's guide on the BD-R parts, but wondering if anyone has tested the faster ones and if they work or not?

Thx.

Thanks! If only you could tell that to my clients :D But still, it's easier to burn dvds than to upload content when you have limited bandwidth. And some film festivals are now asking for BD-Rs. We media people are so late-20th-early-21st-century.

Hi!

I've got the same Syba Low Profile as you, installed in PCI slot.
But it doesn't work OOB. I connect external drive and nothing happens. Then I checked it with another drive with external power - same result.
Did you install any kext or something?

:)

Hi!

I've got the same Syba Low Profile as you, installed in PCI slot.
But it doesn't work OOB. I connect external drive and nothing happens. Then I checked it with another drive with external power - same result.
Did you install any kext or something?

:)

I just received the card and, just like you, I couldn't get any drives to mount. One review on Amazon said that the drives have to be formatted with the card. I'm getting ready to return it - unless you or anyone finds out anything different.

Anyone else have any positive experience with an eSata card? Would love to know as I need to get one for my system.

This is a bit late, but I am looking at either eSata or Firewire 800 for my system. Instead of a PCI card, could a eSata bracket work out of the box?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812226003

If you have spare SATA ports, couldn't you just plug this thing in and use it? (Does take up a useless PCI slot though).

This is a bit late, but I am looking at either eSata or Firewire 800 for my system. Instead of a PCI card, could a eSata bracket work out of the box?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812226003

If you have spare SATA ports, couldn't you just plug this thing in and use it? (Does take up a useless PCI slot though).

Yes you can, provided the drive you connect to has power provided by the external drive enclosure. Really all you are doing is providing an eSATA to SATA port adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back