Contribute
Register

AMD rx560 not allowing 1080i underscan on High Sierra i7 7700k with GA z270x Ultra Gaming mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA - z270x Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GA- rx560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi !

My setup is here <---

Just in case, Im running an rx560 by Gigabyte

Using a samsung display that is 720p or 1080i , the problem is that whenever I goto change my resolution to 1080i, the entire screen goes all purple with lines and nothing is really visible. The only way to get around this is by reducing the underscan to its minimum setting (then everything gets somewhat clear but now my edges are not visible due to the screen size not being good enough for the tv.

Already ordered an Asus gaming screen capable of full HD with 1ms refresh rate . Hopefully this will fix the issue by itself.

Are there any alternate solutions to this?
Also (i know its sorta off topic now) wanted to know how to officially remove the clover option from boot to go straight into mac os
Running Sierra and everything else seems to be running fine for now

Hi there.

Not sure about the TV connection. Your new monitor should be okay. On my Gigabyte RX560 there *is* an option in the Display preferences for 1080i but that's only available in the "Scaled" option. I let it use its "Default for display" instead. But to a monitor not TV.

As for the boot time-out, there's a setting in your config.plist. It's the <key>Boot</key> section where you can see the time-out and change it etc. You can also use Clover Configurator to make changing things simpler.

:)

Hi there thanks for the reply

Got the display and viola ! I now have 1080p display as default instead of scaled. changed the refresh rate to 120hz, and its perfect

Love the vividness and refresh rate as it is , however...was trying to enable Freesync and the option is greyed out!

Found out that drivers need to be downloaded but then I see that all the available drivers are for Windows , Linux and Ubuntu only !

Is there any way for my freesync to get going?

Scared to mess with clover again because of past booting problems (i used an the bootable efi folder from my High Sierra installer in Sierra, doesn't boot without it ! )

Also wanted to know if you or anyone reading this has knowledge as to what is the best way to have windows running on the same tower.

I have an extra ssd already mounted ..but then I was thinking of just partitioning my already booted (macos) 500gb EVO drive for a windows partition.

Need ideas on that and btw Im still attempting to find the right native firewire pci card that will enable my sound interface (for purposes of music production)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back