Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AMD Radeon RX5700 or 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, does anybody try ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 (non XT) ? I plan to buy it for my first hackintosh. Should I buy it? Thanks you.

Hey guys I am running a issues, like that my login screen is laggy and it doesn't wake up from sleep. I have the RX 5700. It works when I use my iGPU, but not the graphic card. What can I do ? I am using WEG + Lilu in my kexts/other folder. Without WEG it only works on HDMI not display port. I installed Catalina like this. Would it make sense to install Catalina with the iGPU and later switch to the RX 5700 ?

Solved! I changed SMBIOS on Mac Pro 1.6, and the second monitor worked.

Try your config with this modified efi, let me now if work correctly
So I finally got around to trying this, and... miracle of miracles it actually allows me to boot past the gIOScreenLockState. But I still have a completely black screen.

It’s definitely booted into the OS, because I can do things like play a sound on the computer from the Find My app. I’ve tried both the HDMI and DisplayPorts, just in case, iGPU enabled and disabled. Not sure where to go from here.

So I finally got around to trying this, and... miracle of miracles it actually allows me to boot past the gIOScreenLockState. But I still have a completely black screen.

It’s definitely booted into the OS, because I can do things like play a sound on the computer from the Find My app. I’ve tried both the HDMI and DisplayPorts, just in case, iGPU enabled and disabled. Not sure where to go from here.
try connect your display into hdmi port or first displayport far away your hdmi port

Hey guys I am running a issues, like that my login screen is laggy and it doesn't wake up from sleep. I have the RX 5700. It works when I use my iGPU, but not the graphic card. What can I do ? I am using WEG + Lilu in my kexts/other folder. Without WEG it only works on HDMI not display port. I installed Catalina like this. Would it make sense to install Catalina with the iGPU and later switch to the RX 5700 ?
try using those bootlflats, check if you have the lastest weg kext and lilu, what smbios are you using?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-03-08 a las 10.31.41.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-08 a las 10.31.41.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 289
  • Captura de pantalla 2020-03-08 a las 10.32.06.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-08 a las 10.32.06.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Hey guys, does anybody try ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 (non XT) ? I plan to buy it for my first hackintosh. Should I buy it? Thanks you.
it runs well!!!

Yesterday I bought Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition and Installing on Catalina 10.15.3
Everything is fine, but sometimes it goes screen after an hour working
The screen is not completely black, But nothing is displayed

Use Whatever Green kext 1.3.6 and Lilu 1.4.1

Any Idea?

Thanks
whats your smbios or hardware configuration?

Attached SMBIOS Picture and Info
make a new config plist, whit same options, bootflats and other patches, rename your actual config plist and put the new one into your efi folder.

select the most similar smbios compatible with your actual hardware to your hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back