Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AMD Radeon RX5700 or 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced my Vega Frontier with a 5700 XT today (PowerColor Liquid Devil), very straight forward replacement. All apparently working just fine.

I noticed that too, but after seeing a video with a 5700 XT on the new 2019 MacPro achieving a similar score in the upper 49,000 I'm not too worried as it appears to be bad data point.

Why do you guys care about OpenGL performance. It's deprecated in Catalina. The score will tell you nothing.

For anyone like me who's been banging their head against the wall trying to get multiple DisplayPort's working with a 5700XT (PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT) I found the following setup worked for me:

Mac OS X 10.15.4
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H Motherboard
Intel i4790k
PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT
32gb RAM
Dual 1tb SSD (1 for Mac, 1 for Windows)

For configs, all I've got is: agdpmod=pikera shikigva=80
For product model, I'm using MacPro6,1.
Kexts shown in screenshot.

I tried a whole bunch of everything to get this working, but the magic sauce seems to be either MacPro6,1 product model - and/or - WhateverGreen, which I dropped down to 1.3.4.
(To be honest, I'm not sure which of the two actually "fixed" the issue, but at the moment, it's all working so I don't want to go screwing around with it anymore...)

Hope this helps, and thanks everyone for all the posts I trolled through to find this. seyedhossein's post, in particular, showing his setup was the final key that got everything working for me.
Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 9.49.55 PM.png

I have 2 issues wth my Catalina.
I have a 5700XT AmD card. It is working, booting, all is ok until a few minutes. I have 2 scenarios.
- Watch youtube in full screen, after. a few minutes (random, 5-10) i get screen frozen, but music stlll working. Even changing to next youtube video. After a few more minute computer will restart.
- Working on anything or even just not doing anything just have finder and clover open, after a few minute I still have mouse on the screen, I can move t, but I cannot click anywhere. No app will work, not even keyboard, just the mouse can be moved. The only solution is a reboot.
Anyone have/had this issues?

Hi guys. I have a problem with DP output on ASHrock RX5700 graphics. Main Display over the HDMI works without problems but when I plug in DP my second monitor for 3 seconds everything is fine but after then the blue screen lights up. All of three DP outputs do same. Has it happened to anyone? Do you know what this might cause?Thanks :)

Details:
Catalina 10.15.4
agdpmod=pikera
WhatEverGreen and Lilu(last relase)
SMBios iMacPro1.1(I've tried more of them)
EFIClover 5.107

- I tried to delete WhatEverGreen and just worked 1 DP output. It was the same problem.
- only RX5700 enabled in bios (Intel HD is Disabled)

Hi guys. I have a problem with DP output on ASHrock RX5700 graphics. Main Display over the HDMI works without problems but when I plug in DP my second monitor for 3 seconds everything is fine but after then the blue screen lights up. All of three DP outputs do same. Has it happened to anyone? Do you know what this might cause?Thanks :)

Details:
Catalina 10.15.4
agdpmod=pikera
WhatEverGreen and Lilu(last relase)
SMBios iMacPro1.1(I've tried more of them)
EFIClover 5.107

- I tried to delete WhatEverGreen and just worked 1 DP output. It was the same problem.
- only RX5700 enabled in bios (Intel HD is Disabled)
Do you have XMP enabled in bios for the ddr ram? This can cause issues for some people

Do you have XMP enabled in bios for the ddr ram? This can cause issues for some people
No, I'dont XPM enabled in bios. I find it strange that I cannot boot with VirualSMC.kext. I can boot only without it. and I don't no why. I have in Clover only VirtualSMC.efi(SMCHelper I don't have installed). It's alright? I have read that it's necessary to boot VirtualSMC.kext or FakeSMC.kext.

Last edited:
No, I'dont XPM enabled in bios. I find it strange that I cannot boot with VirualSMC.kext. I can boot only without it. and I don't no why. I have in Clover only VirtualSMC.efi(SMCHelper I don't have installed). It's alright? I have read that it's necessary to boot VirtualSMC.kext or FakeSMC.kext.
Do you have fakesmckext in Library/extensions as well? If so remove it and rebuild caches then try virtualsmckext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back