Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AMD Radeon RX5700 or 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have anyone solved problem with cursor lagging every two seconds ? I have AMD RadeonPro W5500 (which is navi-based). It have the same problems which 5700 XT have.
I use 5700 XT, the same as you to the problem, cursor lag.
Have you solved it?

I use 5700 XT, the same as you to the problem, cursor lag.
Have you solved it?

I've sold this card and returned to old vega64.
May be with Big Sur release situation will change. Seems that current video driver is buggy.

After a week of trials and errors here is my final conclusion on this card on MacOS.
this card works well, fully accelerated hardware on VideoProc. No cursor lag or crash with ElMedia or QuickTime or VLC. It was giving problem when messing around with values in shukigva. 80 is the one that allow all my business..

With this config. (that i plan to upgrade to a Z490-i9 soon) i get 52591 as results on Metal Compute Benchmarks (geekbenchmark) and with a 89Mbit Connection i'm watching Youtube clips at 4K 60FPS with no buffering... Excellent quality on a samsung 4K display, 28"

i have nothing checked in Graphics in clover
boot arguments:
shukigva=80
agdpmod=pikera

this is all is needed.

I've sold this card and returned to old vega64.
May be with Big Sur release situation will change. Seems that current video driver is buggy.
I experienced the strange mouse lag for a day or so, tried all kinds of changes in my EFI and Config. I switched between DP and HDMI cables, as suggested here, to no effect. Finally I switched to a totally different monitor and that BOOM that fixed it! So there is some kind of weird negotiation going on with the monitor that is creating problems for some of us.

@luisdanielv can i have your EFI folder?
i do have an issue with my build-in ASMedia usb.3-1 Cards

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back