Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some of you have heat issue with their 5700 xt and high refresh rate monitor in idle state, underclocking the memory the memory did the trick for me. You can also underclock other things.
Using this:

you will loose some fps, but I don't use much of that for my hack.

This looks awesome, has anyone created SSDT to get better performance from the Radeon VII? I look at my Geekbench 5.4 scores and tend to see a 10% to 15% lower value then what is shown on the chart ( using the lowest Radeon VII score on their list ). I am using the AMD 50th Anniversary edition of the Radeon VII, the one in red.

This looks awesome, has anyone created SSDT to get better performance from the Radeon VII? I look at my Geekbench 5.4 scores and tend to see a 10% to 15% lower value then what is shown on the chart ( using the lowest Radeon VII score on their list ). I am using the AMD 50th Anniversary edition of the Radeon VII, the one in red.
This is the z series, the path of x299 has to be changed by yourself

Attachments

• SSDT-AMD Radeon VII.aml.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Hush-vv this worked great, wasn't too hard to get it edited to my X299 setup. Here is what I am seeing as improvements:

Radeon VII
Old Metal score: 64741
New Metal score: 104916
Old OpenCL score: 50809
New OpenCL score: 87437

Real-world performance uplift has been close to 10% to 20% depending on the application. I would say it tends closer to the 15% mark, but it is free performance.

My max GPU temps are higher but still never past 83c, which is nothing. I probably have more room with the power table, do you know what created that powertable? Was it the powertable from the actual Apple hardware?

Only odd thing was that I had to re-situate my display port cables so I could get both monitors functioning again.

Hush-vv this worked great, wasn't too hard to get it edited to my X299 setup. Here is what I am seeing as improvements:

Radeon VII

Real-world performance uplift has been close to 10% to 20% depending on the application. I would say it tends closer to the 15% mark, but it is free performance.

My max GPU temps are higher but still never past 83c, which is nothing. I probably have more room with the power table, do you know what created that powertable? Was it the powertable from the actual Apple hardware?

Only odd thing was that I had to re-situate my display port cables so I could get both monitors functioning again.
Overclocking software provided by Brother CMMChris in InsanelyMac Forum,The value of Output is the value of PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable。Paste the obtained raw data into the Hex Fiend.app tool and save it directly to a file. Use the terminal to run ResourceConverter.sh -a + file path and you are done (convert hexadecimal to ASL Buffer by ResourceConverter)

Attachments

• Radeon_VII.xlsx.zip
    56 KB · Views: 53
  • cpu.zip
    751.7 KB · Views: 72
  • QQ20220322-025451@2x.png
    [email protected]
    979.6 KB · Views: 110

Radeon VII

Hello,

I built a hackintosh based on Asus Z690 ProArt with a XFX Radeon VII. I’m only getting around 60.000 in geekbench compute metal. I will use it mainly for Davinci Resolve.

I tried the Radeon VII SSDT you guys attached along with dAGPM kext and PEGP to EGP0 patch but it has no effect.
You say the SSDT has to be adapted to the chipset. How do I do that ?

Thanks for any help,

Hello,

I built a hackintosh based on Asus Z690 ProArt with a XFX Radeon VII. I’m only getting around 60.000 in geekbench compute metal. I will use it mainly for Davinci Resolve.

I tried the Radeon VII SSDT you guys attached along with dAGPM kext and PEGP to EGP0 patch but it has no effect.
You say the SSDT has to be adapted to the chipset. How do I do that ?

Thanks for any help,
Please provide your hackintosh IO table。as shown

Attachments

Thx @hush-vv !
Here's my IO table
I don't know if I should have patched PEGP to EGP0 with Radeon VII...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-03-30 à 17.07.29.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-03-30 à 17.07.29.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Capture d’écran 2022-03-30 à 17.04.26.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-03-30 à 17.04.26.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Capture d’écran 2022-03-30 à 17.04.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-03-30 à 17.04.42.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 87

Attachments

• SSDT-AMD Radeon VII-Z690.aml.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 79
It's actually quite simple, you just replace all PEG0s with PEG1s
Thanks for your help.
I put the new SSDT, I see a very little change in Geekbench5 metal compute (~59.000 -> ~62.000), maybe not significative.
No change in Davinci Resolve.
Maybe there's nothing to improve.
Here's my IO reg, you think it's fine ? Also, it says AMD Radeon Pro Vega II in the SSDT, I know this GPU is close to Radeon VII, but I wonder if it could make any difference..

Attachments

• IOreg chicoray.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back